Sleepless

Tyler Gray

1 a.m.

This isn't happening. Since when? WHEN? WHEN??? I cannot believe I was able to even harbor romantic feelings towards my stupid sister-like childhood friend! This shouldn't have happened. Why did it happen? How did it happen? I've always seen her as an annoying yet adorable pest. Wait...Adorable? I find her adorable? No I d---

"Hnn..."

I glanced at Alice's peaceful face. She had her head against my shoulder with one arm draped over my chest hugging me tightly. I reached over to brush her hair gently. She purred happily, snuggling into me as much as she could.

Yes.

I guess she is adorable.

Well I've always known she was beautiful. Especially her eyes. But I never saw it as something that would result to a kind of attraction to her in the uh...romantic way. But I don't remember finding her adorable. She's mostly...annoying? But in a cute way? Alright. I guess I've always found her adorable.

Damn.

Why am I only realizing these stupid things now?

In 1 fucking a.m. in the morning!

3:40 a.m.

I can't sleep...

Realizing the stupid damn fact that I've been in love with this little brat has robbed me of my sleepiness. I'm fucking wide awake right now! This is getting annoying. Every slight movement Alice makes causes me to tense up, stare at her for God knows how long and then my thoughts once again focus on the mind blowing discovery of my ignorance to my own...feelings. Ugh. Just thinking about how long I must've been in love with her is giving me a headache.

4:30 a.m.

This is getting exhausting. I'm never EVER sleeping next to Alice again. It's only now do I realize how intimately close we are, sharing the same bed and all...plus the way she clings to me...it's making indecent thoughts invade my already tired and confused mind.

Her legs have wrapped themselves around one of mine. And that hand...

Oh God that hand.

It's resting dangerously close to a certain part of me.

This is making me fucking insane!

I've already warned her before I even found out that I loved her to be more aware of our individual sexualities. I'm a guy gahdammit. I have urges! It's not like I get turned on just by---

A gasp escaped my mouth and I jerked away from her.

Her hand.

That fucking hand went lower.

Dammit.

That's it!

I'm sleeping next to Evan.

FOREVER!

I quietly went down, grabbing my own blanket and a pillow. Evan was curled up on one side of the bed, very motionless and---

One of his hands shot out, targeting my neck. My reflexes kicked, causing me to easily catch him by the wrist. His eyes opened and he looked alarmed, about to attack again, but before he stupidly tried to kick my ass, I gave him a half-hearted chop on that stupid slow head of his. He blinked in surprise and was starting to clear his groggy mind when he furiously rubbed his eyes. "Tyler? What are you doing? What time is it?"