Friendship II

Tyler Gray

"Hey," West said impatiently, "aren't you guys done yet?"

I looked over at my brother. "Not yet." He clicked his tongue in annoyance. I turned back to Evan. "Hang in there buddy." He looked at me helplessly, his expression filled with panic. He was so pale that it was scary, but he had to get over this. "You've got 15 minutes left."

"F-fift-t-t-t-teeeeen???" he asked.

"Don't worry Evan, you can do it," Naomi cheered cutely. West was tapping his foot impatiently beside me while we waited for the remaining time to pass. Naomi sat on Evan's lap happily. She had always thought of him as another baby brother, so it wasn't surprising that she gladly accepted to help.

"Dammit Ty, can't you get someone else's wife to train him with?" West snarled low in his throat. It was actually entertaining how West was burning with jealousy over his wife sitting on a boy's lap. It was rare to get him all riled up like this. He usually kept cool and collected. Look at him now, itching to grab Naomi.

"Relax bro, this is Evan we're talking about. You know he's too scared to even get any ideas. Even if he didn't have his phobia, it wouldn't even cross his mind."

"If he didn't have his phobia, we wouldn't be fucking doing this," he snapped. "And don't tell me to relax Tyler. We Grays are cursed with an overwhelming possessiveness when it comes to what's ours. It's amplified a hundred times worse when it comes to love. You get annoyingly mad whenever someone steals your chocolate right? Wait until that possessiveness comes from your relationship with Alice, then we'll see if you can relax. And goddammit, I've had enough." He marched over to Naomi, grabbed her smoothly and carried her onto one of the couch seats. He sat there with her on his lap, encircling her waist with his arms and placing his face on the crook of her neck.

Evan looked so relieved that I had to crack a grin. I clapped his back. "Well done man. I thought you were going to pass out."

"I was about to..." he said softly, trying to calm himself down.

"Well that's enough for your training," I smiled.

"You're so cruel...my training for your temper wasn't this cruel," he said.

I frowned. "You made me watch you eat not one but two bars of MY chocolate. I think we're even."

He managed a smile.

"Ty." I jumped. Evan fainted. Baby Nash smiled. "Ty."

"Uh hi little guy," I said uncertainly. He grinned with missing teeth and I had a terrible urge to squeeze the life out of him for being so fucking adorable. He nuzzled his face against my side, a gesture his dad was doing to his mom right now. I chuckled and hugged the little guy. Even kissed his chubby cheek. Gah why are babies so soft?

And then Nash was gone. He wasn't in my arms anymore. In the moments I was in my own thoughts, he slipped away and was already on the ground heading for his parents. Now I understood a little bit of the mystery of how he managed to disappear and freak everyone out so easily. But whether he did it consciously or not was still unknown to me. But if he was aware...then I think Nash has a very frightening ability.

"C'mere you little angel~" Naomi cooed. Nash giggled and raised both arms, wrapping them around Naomi's leg. You could see her struggling against forcefull grabbing the cute little boy and smashing him against her chest, squeezing him with all the love she could muster. Well who could blame her, she gave birth to such a baby that's too adorable. It reminded me of the time when Nash was still in her stomach, her belly all round. West wouldn't stop hovering over her whenever she gave a slight sign of discomfort.