1.3 Daniel & Nell

It was the last evening Daniel and you would share together. He had been living at your place for a week due to him moving apartments. You both had been working a lot throughout the week, but today was an evening off and you decided to spend it by doing a movie marathon. You had surprised him with his favourite beer at the beginning of the week, so you were putting that on the table along with your own drink and some snacks. You were already in some biker shorts with one of Daniels T-shirts, loving how they were too big on you. He was in the shower after getting back from his evening run, so you were just waiting for him to join you. You had agreed that you would start with an action movie, because Daniel likes those, then watch a comedy, because you both like those and to end it, a romantic one because that is your favourite genre. You make yourself comfortable on your couch, putting a blanket over your legs. It's not even cold, but it's just nice to snuggle with a blanket. Daniel always makes fun of that, but the minute he sits down he wants to snuggle up as well.

You've known each other for years now. Accidently bumping into him on a hike in Australia, chatting a bit and realising you both live in Monaco. You quickly became good friends, talking about anything and everything. You both have the same kind of humour, and when you're in a mood you will end up with belly pain from laughing so hard. It would be the biggest lie ever if you said you didn't have a crush on him. Everything he does, he does it with so much determination. It's sexy to see him passionate about things, and sometimes you need to snap out of the adoration you have for him. You've never acted on it though, it's been difficult not to, especially when you joined him for his visit home a year ago. A month together in a foreign country was not good for your heart, but you ended up having the best time ever. Sometimes you feel like he would want to be more than just friends as well, but he never acted on it, so you stopped getting your hopes up.

While waiting for Daniel to get out of the shower, you think about all the fun things you've done with him over the years. Even with his busy schedule he tries his hardest to see you or talk to you. Whenever you're sad he's there with cuddles, long walks, and advice if you want it. He's so smiley all the time, but he of course also has moments where things don't go the way he wants them to, and it can get frustrating or upsetting. It's nice to be able to talk about everything with him. You're both not judgemental people, and it is so much easier to explain how you feel about something without having to try and justify why it makes you feel like that. When you think about all the amazing sides of him, it's hard to know that you'll be introduced as "Daniels's friend" all the time, instead of "Daniel's girlfriend".

"Alrighty, I'm ready, can I get anything from the kitchen, or did you get everything already?" you hear Daniel ask. "No, I've got everything here, you can come sit Dan"

You look up when he walks into the living room, and you can't help but stare at him. His curly hair is still a little bit damp from the shower, and he's wearing one of his shirts from his Enchanté collection, with the matching shorts underneath. Your eyes start at his legs, seeing how the sun had done them well, and you can't help but stare a little longer at the thigh tattoo. While you're admiring his great physique, you don't notice Daniel staring at you just as intensely. He has always had feelings for you, but never thought you'd actually reciprocate them. He's not so sure now though, seeing you stare at him like that. You're rudely interrupted from your daydream when Daniel clears his throat. You look up at him, and you both swallow while looking into each other's eyes.

You smile and pat the spot next to you. Daniel sits down and immediately tugs the blanket over his legs as well. You chuckle and shake your head, "really Dan? Can't you grab your own blanket? I've got around a million here"

"No, I want to share it with you" he smiles. You blush and look away. "I thought we could watch Now You See Me? I love those movies" you tell him. He nods excitedly.