12.2 Carlos & Marie

You lay on Carlos' chest while he's still sleeping deeply, listening to his heartbeat and the sounds outside. You've been in Rome for two days now, enjoying the city and the Italian culture after Carlos whisked you away to here. You had both been working a lot, you in the hospitality in the factory and Carlos with preparing for the new season. It was nice to be away from all that for a few days. You tighten your arms around him, smiling when he does the same in his sleep, before you close your eyes and let sleep take over again.

"Good morning mi guapa" you hear him say sleepily while he runs his fingers through your hair. You hum, pressing your face in the crook of his neck when he tries to move out of bed. "Baby, I want to make you breakfast" he chuckles, untangling your arms from his body while you look at him with a pout. "What are you pouting for now? You should smile because I'm making your favourite, I got everything yesterday when you were in the craft shop finding new wool" he smiles at you, ruffling your hair before pulling a pair of sweatpants over his legs.

You take a shower while Carlos prepares breakfast, putting on a pink, yellow and green flowered dress with ruches at the top before putting your hair in a bun. You spray your favourite perfume on after doing your skin care and put on some light makeup before you walk towards the kitchen area. Carlos is dancing around the kitchen while some soft jazz is playing, humming along while he's in his own world. You take a seat at the breakfast bar, admiring your shirtless boyfriend who's almost finished with your breakfast. "There you are mi cariño" he says, pressing a kiss on your lips before sitting down next to you.

"You look so pretty, what shall we do today?" he asks, munching on his food while he leans his head on his hand, looking at you. You shrug, taking another bite while thinking what you'd like to do today. Carlos is quicker though, gasping excitedly when he thinks of something. "Let's drive to Fiumicino, it's close to the water, and enjoy a day at the water?" he asks, and you nod excitedly. "That's a good idea babe, I love that! I'll clean this all up when we're done so you can get ready then" you tell him, squeezing his hand before you continue eating and chatting about everything that you want to bring.

You're lying on a towel on the sand, shielded by a huge beach umbrella while Carlos is playing beach volleyball with a group of people that recognised him. You're reading one of the books you brought with you, giggling when Carlos misses the ball which results in the other team winning. You hear him yell some things in Italian while he laughs, looking at you before throwing his hands in the air. You shake your head at him, smiling when he motions that he's going to play another game. You give him a thumbs up, focussing on your book so you can finish it by the end of the day. It's late already when you arrive back in the rented apartment, rosy and relaxed from the day in the sun, you both get ready for bed quickly, falling asleep in each other's arms.

"Wake up mi amore" you hear Carlos whisper while you feel him stroke your cheeks. You groan, turning around to press your face into the pillow. He chuckles, running his fingers through your hair before he presses soft kisses on your cheek and neck. "Wake up baby, I've got a surprise for you" he mumbles, running a finger over the smooth skin of your back. "I'm awake" you sigh, turning around to look at Carlos' smiling face. His hair is still ruffled, but it looks like he's been awake for longer. "Okay, just sit up against the headboard and close your eyes" he says, pressing a kiss to your lips before walking out of the bedroom. You do as he says, pulling the covers over your legs before closing your eyes.

You frown when you feel something being placed on your legs, but you wait until Carlos tells you to open your eyes. You gasp when you see that he made a whole spread for breakfast, and you look at him with wide eyes. "Babe, what are you trying to do to me?" you say, giggling while making grabby hands at him. He chuckles before sliding under the covers, kissing you softly before leaning against the pillows. "Happy valentines mi amore, I hope we'll celebrate them together for a long time" he blushes when the words leave his mouth, and you look at him with a loving gaze before kissing him deeply. "Happy valentines! I'm not planning on letting anyone else be my valentine, only you."