13.2 Carlos & Marie

Giggling sounds make you look up, and you smile when you see Sofia and Nell walking into the hospitality. "Hey girls" you say, rushing towards the window to get a seat ready for Nell. "Ah, thank you. I hate being treated like this but thank you anyways, I know I need it" she says, rolling her eyes before smiling at you and squeezing your hand. You smile at her, asking the girls what they want to eat before getting the lunch ready. You take a seat next to Sofia, chatting about the weekend so far when Nell makes a pained face. "You okay?" you ask her. She hums, "it's been a bit much the last few days, I'm going to be happy to just be home with Dan after this weekend, that's the best part of this being the Monaco GP. But let's not talk too much about me and Bean, we've done that enough. How's living with Mc Dreamy so far?"

You sigh, pricking your fork in your pasta before looking out of the window. "It's been good mostly; I just feel like we took a step back again. Carlos is struggling with the new step, even though he proposed it, and it's just been a bit stressful. I've got so much stuff that I want to bring to his house and the traveling back and forth hasn't been fun" you say, thinking about the last few months since Carlos asked you to move in with him.

You look around your bedroom, deciding that you really did pack enough clothes for now to bring to Carlos' home. Your dad and brothers wanted to travel back and forth with some of your stuff as well, so that was great. "You got everything mi amore?" you hear Carlos ask, smiling at him with a nod. "Yeah, we're good to go for now. We'll see when we pick up the other things" you say, humming when he takes two other bags downstairs to put in the trunk. Your sewing machine and materials will be brought to you by your brothers, so you didn't have to worry about that. It was race week anyways next week, so a lot of sewing wasn't going to happen.

After arriving at Carlos', or better said, your house, Carlos helps you with bringing everything inside before he goes out to do the grocery shopping. You smile when you see that he already cleared out a part of his closet for you, so you get to work immediately to put your clothes in there. When you come back down after 2 hours you are greeted with a delicious smell coming from the kitchen, and Piñón's happy barks when he sees you. "Hello! There's my favourite boy! How are you, did you miss me?" you coo, crouching down to give him a ruffle through his fur. "I thought I was your favourite boy?" Carlos asks, pouting at you from behind the kitchen counter. "Babe, you're my favourite man, there's a difference" you say, winking at him before focussing your love on Piñón again.

"The first few days were great; we fell into a rhythm quite quickly to be honest. It was almost as in the summer break and that quarantine week, but maybe that was why it went so well. I think when Carlos started to realise that I wasn't leaving after three weeks that he just started to freak out" you say softly, looking down at your plate. You look up when Nell huffs, trying to reach for your hand. "I'm sorry, wanted to squeeze your hand but I'm too big for that. How did you realise that he was freaking out? What did he do?" she asks, leaning against the chair again while rubbing her belly. You smile at Sofia who squeezes your hand, taking a deep breath before recounting how he freaked out.

You look around the house, frowning when you can't see Carlos anywhere. He didn't leave a note that he was out either, but you guess he's probably golfing. You set up your sewing stuff, sitting down while Piñón lays down at your feet. You ruffle his fur before getting to work. One of your friends from Vienna is celebrating her birthday next week, and you can't be there since it's race week, so you decided to make a dress for her. You focus fully on your work, only getting up to go to the toilet or to drink something. When you're satisfied with your progress so far you look at your phone, realising its past 8PM, and you still haven't heard from Carlos. He doesn't answer the phone when you call him, so you debate with yourself what you should do now.