14.3 Carlos & Marie

You look at Daniel and Nell while they dance the first dance, smiling brightly when you see her dress, that you designed and made, moving perfectly with every movement she makes. Her reaction to the dress was exactly what you wished for, and worth all the frustration crying you had done over the past few months when things didn't work out the way you wanted. After Daniel and Nell kept getting lots of questions about the outfits Milo was wearing, a massive change happened in your life. You had been playing with the idea of starting your own business with your designs, but you never really tried anything out because you were nervous.

Your friends and Carlos really made a difference here, especially once Nell asked you to design and make her wedding dress. You quit your job at the Ferrari hospitality, genuinely sad because you had loved working there, and fully focused on the process of designing and creating her wedding dress. Since Nell was home a lot, she spent a lot of her time creating ideas and picking out photo's that would work well for your brand/website/social media. Sofia used her social media knowledge, teaching you what to do and not to do, resulting in a growing account where you had been sharing your progress and projects the last few months.

Carlos was ecstatic, and very relieved when you told him that you'd still be traveling to a lot of his races, and he cleared out one of the spare rooms to create an at home atelier for you while you were home for a few days in Vienna. His face when you turned around with tears in your eyes is something you'll never forget, he looked so proud and so happy that you liked what he did with the space. You look up when you feel someone squeeze your thigh, smiling when you see Carlos looking at you with a soft gaze. "Are you okay mi amore?" he asks, scooting his chair a little closer to you to wrap his arm around your shoulders. You hum, leaning against him before turning your head and pecking his lips. "I am, just admiring all this. This all just makes me so happy, and to know that she's wearing the dress we designed together and that I made is just" you swallow, "it's just really emotional to me."

Milo is sitting on your lap, playing with your necklaces while you hum along to the song that's playing. People are dancing, laughing, and chatting, but you're enjoying a quiet moment with the little guy. You smile when Nell sits down next to you, giving her Milo when he makes grabby hands at her. "What were you thinking about? You seemed so lost in thought" she asks, cooing at Milo who presses his small face against her chest while he sighs and closes his eyes. "I don't know really, I'm just feeling happy and I kind of can't wait until it's me in a wedding dress and holding my baby" you reply, looking at Nell with wide eyes when you realise what you said. "That is probably not the best thing to say on your wedding day, oh my god. Sorry" you tell her, but she just laughs and waves it away.

"Girl, don't apologise. I think it's a compliment that you feel that way when you look at Dan and me. Your time will come, Carlos isn't that blind" she says, winking at you before she stands up. "I'm going to put him to bed, I think it's been a bit much for him. Go and dance with your man, I want to see you smile instead of hang around here" she says, squeezing your shoulder before walking away with Milo against her chest. You smile when you see how Daniel's eyes follow her before he says bye to his friends, moving through the crowd before planting his arm around her, smiling at his wife before they put Milo to bed together. You catch Carlos' eye when you look back into the room, smiling when he makes his way towards you with a big smile.

"Can I have this dance, my beautiful lady" he asks, trying his best to imitate a posh English accent. You giggle, nodding at him before placing your hand in his and letting him lead you towards the dancefloor. He pulls you flush against his body, swaying the two of you around while you lay your head against his chest. "Te amo" he whispers, humming when you whisper that you love him too. You smile when you feel his hands roam over your back, looking up at him to see him smiling at you with a playful glint. He leans down, brushing his lips over yours before looking into your eyes again. You run your fingers through his hair, pulling his face down to yours to kiss him deeply, the music around the two of you fading away as you focus on Carlos only.

Love in thirds जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें