3.2 Carlos & Marie

There is a weird tension between you and Carlos while you're making your way to the airport to fly to Spain together. He was still excited when you left the hotel, but with every minute that you get closer to being on the place, he seems more annoyed than happy. You try shrugging it off, maybe he's thinking about the race results? After checking in and settling down on the plane, you take a book from your bag, Carlos is going over some data anyways. You can't help but wonder why he's so distant all off a sudden, you can't remember saying anything that could've made him upset.

After landing in Spain and making sure you have everything, you walk to the car to go to his house. You're really excited to see his space, you never thought about where he lives. He obviously told you some things about his house over the past few years you've known him, but that was mostly about what he did with his friends and family while he was there. Maybe he has a pool? You're about to ask him, but when you look at him and decide not to. There is a silence in the car that would be defeating if there wasn't any music playing. You sigh while looking out of the window. If the entire quarantine would be like this, you'll be in for a lonely week.

After a bit of a drive, you make it to Carlos' home. It's a beautiful house, very light in the colours with a lot of windows. Since it's quite out of sight of the surrounding houses, you can only imagine how nice it is that you don't necessarily have to close any curtains. Carlos parks the car in the garage, before muttering something in lines of "we're here." You decide to not let his grumpiness affect your excited mood, so you get out of the car and follow him to the door. "You can uhm, look around. I'll pack the bags." You look at him, but he avoids your eyes. "Oh okay, sure." You leave your shoes at the front door before walking into the open space. There is a beautiful kitchen to your left, light cabinets, and a bar where he probably eats his breakfast in the morning. The dining area leads to two glass doors who go into the garden. On your right is a stunning living room with floor to ceiling windows showing you a gorgeous view of the Spanish beauty. All the colours are calm and light, with some artwork hanging on the wall. There is a side table that draws you in, with the funniest and sweetest family photos. You smile to yourself before walking further into the house.

Downstairs is a beautiful bathroom with a big window, and when you move upstairs, you can't believe how calming his bedroom is. You knew he was a stylish person, but you didn't realise he had such an eye for interior design. Another bathroom is connected to his bedroom, with another beautiful view, this time over the garden. You can see Carlos run around with a dog chasing him, and you remember him saying something about picking up Piñón before you fell asleep last night. You make your way downstairs and into the garden, looking around before you see a wild dog run your way. You crouch down when he reaches you and fall back when he pounces on you. "Oh god! Aren't you excited hmm, yeah you are, aren't you? Good boy" you talk to him while ruffling his fur and tickling behind his ears. Carlos walks over you and smiles a bit nervously, "sorry I didn't think he'd attack you like that..." The smile you give him makes his heart skip a beat. "It's okay, he's a cutie! We're going to be the bestest friends aren't we Piñón?"

"I uhm, I put your bags in the spare bedroom, I didn't know if you would want to share the same bed so..." Carlos trails off while scratching his neck. You sigh disappointedly. "Well, I want to share a bed with you, but I think it's pretty clear you don't want to share one with me. But I'll stay in the spare bedroom. I'll start unpacking now." You say before walking away towards de bedroom. Piñón trails behind you, apparently also disappointed by its owner. You dump your bag on the bed before sitting down on the floor and cuddling Piñón. "I guess we'll have to have the best week together then. I can't just randomly go to a hotel and say, yeah I need to quarantine but the guy I thought I'd quarantine with is being a dick so that's why I need a room." You sigh and Piñón sighs too, making you chuckle. You're about to stand up to start unpacking when Carlos storms into the room. "Marie, I think we need to talk."