11.3 Daniel & Nell

± 10 weeks pregnant

You hum when Daniel wakes you up with soft kisses on your face, you can feel his hand caress your stomach while he mumbles that you need to wake up. "Your family is coming today baby, it's Chrissy, wake up" he says, a little louder since you weren't responding. "I'm up" you sigh, putting your arms around his neck while he turns you both on your side so he can hug you. "Good morning my beautiful pregnant girlfriend" he says, and you don't have to open your eyes to hear the smile in his voice. "Morning babe" you mumble, pressing your face against his warm chest, lying in his embrace for a few more minutes.

"Daniel!" you yell, standing in front of the mirror in your lingerie. You wait a few seconds, "Daniel!" you yell again when you don't hear his feet through the house. "I'm coming, babe, I'm coming" you hear before he curses after banging against the table. He runs into the room breathlessly, looking at you with wide eyes. "What's wrong? Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself? Is the baby hurt? Talk to me!" he's next to you within two seconds, placing his hand on your stomach while looking at you with concerned eyes. "No, no, we're fine!" you say, waving his concerns away before turning sidewards towards the mirror a little. "Do you see that too?"

He gasps when he looks in the mirror, it may not be big, but there is definitely a bump forming. "Oh my god, I'm going to cry" he says, wrapping his arms around you before putting his hands on the bump. "Look at you" he mumbles, kissing your neck before turning you both around to look into your eyes through the mirror. "Look at you carrying our child babe, god. I love you so much" his voice cracks while he presses his face in the crook of your neck. You close your eyes with a smile. "I can't wait to tell our families" you say softly, looking at your and Daniel's hands on your stomach.

"Okay, I'm going to pick up your mom and brother now, are you sure you want to stay home?" you nod, looking at Daniel with a smile. "I can't keep the secret if we're in the car that long, and I'm not finished with some things in the house. I told them you'll be picking them up and they were fine with it" you smile when Daniel nods, kissing you quickly before telling you that he'll text you when they're on their way back again. You spend the time that he's away cleaning up the house and making sure all the rooms are ready. Grace, Joe and Michelle and her family should be arriving around the same time as your family, so everything needs to be finished on time.

You walk back into the bedroom when you're satisfied with how the house looks, changing into the dark blue dress that you wanted to wear today. It hugs your body, showing of the small bump that's visible now. You stare at it for a few moments, smiling at it before you take a picture. You pull the soft white sweater over the dress, making it possible to hide the bump since you know Grace and your mom see everything. You put your feet in the fluffy slides that Daniel got you a few days ago, since you always have cold feet, before walking back into the living room.

Having everyone back in Daniel's home was an emotional moment, you were more emotional due to your hormonal state in the first place, but seeing your mom and brother cry when they saw you made you ugly cry. Everyone is calmed down now, sitting outside while the firepit is crackling. Daniel insisted on having a barbie, so he's busy running around to get all that sorted. You stand up, walking towards the kitchen to help him with the preparations.

You're about to carry a few plates outside when Daniel says "no, no, no" to you while waving his hands. You look at him confused, not really understanding why you shouldn't bring the plates outside. "Let me do the work babe, you need to take care of yourself and bean" he tells you, putting the plates down before wrapping his arms around you and pressing you against his chest. "Dan, I can carry a few plates love. When I'm huge and waddling, you can force me to sit down, but not yet" you chuckle, looking into his brown eyes. He rolls his eyes, pecking your lips before smacking your butt. "Okay, but no heavy lifting or I'll be mad."