8.2 Carlos & Marie

You pat yourself on the back that you figured out that Sofia is dating Charles. You're wondering if Carlos knew about it already, you were definitely asking him that tonight. "That brings me to my next question" you look up at Nell who's looking at you intently. You cock your head sideways, signalling her to continue, "what's up with you and Carlos?" Your eyes widen, "what? What do you mean?" she chuckles, "I just said that no one can keep a secret around me, I see the looks you give each other on the paddock and how you light up when his name is mentioned. Spill girl!" You blush, trying to hide your face in your hands while laughing.

"Can't believe you caught that so fast, but yeah. Carlos and I recently started dating" you smile when Nell beams at you, clearly proud of herself that she figured that out. "Look at us dating Ferrari men" said Sofia next, "I'm happy for you, you seem to shine when you talk about him, that's a good sign!" You blush, nodding while chuckling. "I am happy, he's very good to me." "I bet he is" Nell winks and you kick her under the table while laughing, "shut up!"

"Marie?" you hum while looking at Carlos who walks into the empty hospitality. You're closing, you took the evening shift so you could sleep in tomorrow morning. Talk about smart time management. "I wanted to ask you something" Carlos says softly, and you look at him with a smile. "Would you like to come home with me before flying to the USA together? Piñón misses you, you know" he smiles at you while you nod excitedly. "I'd love to! I miss Piñón too" he chuckles, looking around before leaning over the bar and pressing a quick peck on your lips, "I can't wait" he whispers before winking at you and walking out of the hospitality.

You're in Carlos' car, driving towards his home while trying to stay awake. You slept on the plane after the Japanese GP, but you were still tired. "Just sleep mi amor, I will wake you up when we have arrived" he says, squeezing your thigh. "I don't want to, that's boring for you" you mumble. He chuckles, shaking his head while looking for your hand before intertwining them, "don't worry. It's just 30 minutes still, take a small nap, you deserve it." You lean your head against the headrest and look at him. He's wearing a black shirt with his favourite sweatpants, he told you these were his favourites, and he looks as delicious as ever. "How can you be so handsome all the time?" you sigh before closing your eyes and shifting into a more comfortable position. You hear him chuckle at your comment before you fall into a short nap.

You wake up when you feel something stroke your cheek, which makes you look around a little confused before you recognize the garage of Carlos' home. "Hola mi amor, did you have a good nap?" You look at Carlos who has the most loving gaze in his eyes, and you stare at him for a solid minute before realising that you didn't respond. He chuckles at your facial expression before you tell him that you slept alright. "Let's go inside now, Piñón should be home, I asked my cousin to bring him this evening and he just left. Let's go great our guy!" he claps his hands excitedly before getting out of the car.

"Wait, we need our bags" you tell him when he's locking the door of the car. "I brought everything inside already mi guapa, come" he holds out his hand for you to take, and together you walk into his house. It's still warm even though it's 8PM by now, and you regret not taking your hoodie off after getting into the car. It was toasty during your nap though, so it worked out for that at least. You squeal excitedly when you see Piñón rushing towards you two through the living room. "Hello! I missed you!" you tell him, sitting down on the floor while being attacked by the dog. "Oh, you're so sweet, hi cutie" you play with Piñón, while Carlos is rummaging around the kitchen and singing some Spanish song. "Do you want to eat something or no?" he asks when you walk towards him, Piñón trailing behind you.

You wrap your arms around his waist while resting your head against his back. "Depends on what you were planning on eating, I don't feel like eating a full meal" you answer while stroking your hands over his shirt covered abs. "Well, I was going to cut up some fruit, do you want some too?" you hum while nodding your head against his back. He chuckles, "can you let me move around then please amor?" You sigh before stepping back and sitting down on one of the bar stools on the kitchen island. You watch how Carlos makes two fruit bowls before he hands you yours. You eat together before cleaning up and heading to bed, falling asleep immediately.