13.3 Daniel & Nell

About to pop, ±39 weeks

You hadn't travelled with Daniel after you went to the track during the race of Monaco, your energy was low and your body uncomfortable to carry around. You smile when you hear the door close, listening to him putting his stuff down before he shuffles into the bedroom. "Babe?" he whispers, and you hum to let him know you're still awake. He turns on the light next to your nightstand, crouching down so he's at eyelevel with you. "Hey beauty" he says softly, stroking your cheek before kissing you gently. "How are you?" he asks next, rubbing your arm softly while he looks at you with a loving gaze. "I'm so tired, sleeping has been hard the last few days because Bean is wiggling around the whole time. I nap throughout the day. I'm just happy you're home. I missed you" you sigh, pressing your face against his hand when he strokes your hair.

"I missed you too, love. I'm happy I'm home for the week. I'm going to shower really quickly and then I'll join you in bed, okay?" he asks, pecking your lips before rushing towards the bathroom. He slips under the covers 15 minutes later, moving towards you to press his chest against your back, resting his hand on your bump. "I can't wait to meet our baby" he whispers, kissing your shoulder while stroking the bump. "Oh, Bean is kicking" he says, trying to hide his excitement but failing. You hum, "Bean knows daddy is home. You can come out now then, he's not leaving for a few days" you mumble, humming contently when Daniel kisses your neck before burying his face against your back.

"Dan," you whisper, trying to move him to wake him up from his sleep. "Daniel" you say again, a little louder this time. He hums, pressing his face against your hair, sighing out before sleeping further. "Daniel!" you exclaim, chuckling when he sits up in shock. "What's wrong? Are you okay? Why are you yelling?" he asks, leaning over you so he can see your face. "I think you need to call the midwife and I don't know who else, the list I made, you know which one I mean right?" he nods, moving out of the bed to walk towards the cabinet. "It's happening" you groan, squeezing your eyes closed when you feel another contraction shooting through your abdomen.

Soft cries are filling the room when you open your eyes, blinking a few times before looking around you. The sight that greets you brings tears to your eyes immediately. Daniel is sitting up against the headboard, holding your son against his chest while humming a tune to him. "Hey, you two" you whisper, smiling tiredly at Daniel who looks up at you with the biggest smile on his face. "Hello, my super woman" he says, moving closer to you to press a kiss on your head. "I think he's hungry" he mumbles, looking at you with a concerned face. "I don't really know actually, but he didn't poop or anything. I did everything the midwife said I should do and the only option that's left is that he's hungry, I think" he rambles, and you giggle before placing your hand on his thigh.

"Calm down babe, we'll get there. Let me sit up a little and I'll give the little man something to eat" you tell him, groaning when you move your sore body into a better position to be able to feed your son. Daniel helps you to make sure he latches onto your breast properly, whispering a little "yay" when he sees that he starts drinking. You stroke his cheek slowly, cooing at his little face while he drinks happily. "He has so much hair" you mumble, stroking the small dark hairs on top of his head. "I think they'll be little curls; these are a little curled" you say, looking at Daniel who's staring at you with tears in his eyes. "What's wrong?" you ask, making sure your son is comfortable before you take one of Daniel's hands in yours. You squeeze it while looking at him, smiling when he smiles at you. "I'm just," he clears his throat, "I think I just fell even more in love with you."

The next few days are spent in a bubble, you barely leave the bed because your body is tired, sleeping the pain and soreness away while Daniel stays close to you and your son. It's been five days since you're a family of three when you suddenly say that you want to decide on a name. You and Daniel had a whole list but decided to wait until one of you was ready to pick. "You want to pick his name now?" he asks, sitting next to you before wrapping his arm around you, inhaling the scent of your freshly washed hair. "You smell nice" he hums, kissing your shoulder before turning your head towards him to kiss you. "Was your shower nice?" he asks, and you nod, leaning your head against his chest while you look at your baby in your arms.