3.3 Daniel & Nell

You arrive really late at the cottage, and after dragging all the bags you brought with you inside, you quickly take a shower after one another before slipping between the sheets. Daniel wraps his arms around you before sighing contently. "I want to go to bed like this every night, holding you in my arms like this." You hum while pressing a kiss on his chest. "It would be pretty awesome if you could travel with me to every race and shoot in all these different countries. That way we won't ever be separated." You've been having this conversation a lot the last two months. Ever since Daniel knows you feel the same as he does, he tells you he doesn't want to be apart from you ever. You feel the same way, there is no better feeling than starting and ending the day with him, but you're nervous. What if being together all the time will take a toll on your relationship. "Let's talk about this tomorrow, okay babe? We both had a long day, and I don't want to think about work now." He hums disappointedly. "I really want to talk about it tomorrow then." "I know, I promise you we will." You kiss his chest again before snuggling closer, feeling how Daniel presses a kiss on your hair.

After waking up and getting ready, you sit downstairs together at the dining table. There is a huge window in front of the dining table, and you're staring at the beautiful view. The cottage is adorable. It's not huge, but it is furnished in a way that it still seems spacious. There are a lot of natural elements, and the space oozes calm. "I didn't think it would be this beautiful here" you confess while looking around. "I know right." You look at Daniel who seems a bit distracted and unhappy. You take his hand in yours and squeeze it. He looks at you, but the smile he gives doesn't reach his eyes. "Let's clean up, brush our teeth and grab some fruit. We'll go for a walk and then we can talk, okay?" He nods before getting up to go towards the bathroom. After making sure you have some fruit, your camera, and enough water bottles (your reminder to drink some!) you go into the bathroom to brush your teeth and put your hair in a bun.

When you walk back into the living space you see that Daniel is patiently waiting for you. Since he's replying to text messages you have the time to check him out. He's wearing light washed jeans which he definitely ruined once since there's a huge rip in it. On top of that he's wearing a white shirt with a print on it. You can see that he tried to put his hoodie in his backpack but gave up eventually and clicked it under the flap of the bag. You smile to yourself. This man is really all yours, how did you ever get so lucky. He finally notices you standing there, and he smiles at you. You're wearing a pair of light washed jeans as well, but with a blue shirt from his all good all ways collection. The matching hoodie is in your backpack. Your camera hangs around your neck and all the equipment you might need is in your bag as well. "Have you got everything?" he asks, you nod before making your way over to him and kissing him. "Let's go, hopefully it stays sunny, but I've got a small umbrella just in case. It is England after all." You chuckle while making your way out of the door, en route to the hiking trail you looked up this morning.

You've been walking around and enjoying the scenery for an hour before you find a nice spot to sit down and rest. The clouds are moving ridiculously fast, and you place your camera on a rock before pressing the video function. Clouds have always fascinated you, and filming and photographing them is one of your favourite things in the world. You sit back next to Daniel before taking a sip from the water. "Will you tell me now why you avoid my ideas and questions about traveling the world together?" he asks softly. You look at him and see how upset it made him. You feel like a piece of shit when you realise that your doubts are probably stupid anyways. This man is in love with you! "I'm just being silly," you start before taking a deep breath, "I'm scared that when we're together all the time, we'll get tired of each other, and I don't want that. I don't want to lose you." He hums, but stays silent, so you continue. "You know that when I go for something or someone, I go all in. I don't want you to feel suffocated. You've been single for so long, and to have someone around you all the time then, I'm scared it won't be how you or I imagined." Daniel sighs, "I understand that you feel nervous about that. Hell, I feel nervous about that too! But I have always loved having you around for the races. You make me feel calm, you help me with keeping things clear, there are no others who can do that as well as you can. Of course, there will be days that we might be annoyed with each other, but so far in our friendship we've always known when to give the other space. I don't think that will change the moment we're in a relationship."