4.3 Daniel & Nell

You wake up, not being able to move due to two strong arms who have you trapped. At first it's nice, but it's been 30 minutes now, and you need to use the bathroom. "Babe, can you let me go please?" you ask while trying to wriggle out of his hold. He whines unhappily while gripping you tighter. "Daniel, I need to use the bathroom, I'm not leaving for the moon." You hear him hum confused, slowly waking up. "Oh shit, sorry babe. I didn't realise I was trying to trap you in my arms while dreaming" he mumbles. You get out of his hold and walk towards the bathroom. The cottage is cold since it had been raining the last two days. You managed to shoot some amazing shots due to the rain though, and you were excited to be able to edit. You're flying home to Monaco tomorrow afternoon to pack some clothes and necessities before flying to Hungary with Daniel.

You crawl back into Daniels are after coming back from the bathroom. "Hmm. Missed you." He murmurs while kissing your face. You giggle while pressing your face in his neck. "Are we going to be that couple? When we can't see each other for 15 minutes we'll start crying? I'm not into that Ricciardo, you of all people should know that." He chuckles before shaking his head. "I just like having you close." You lay in bed for an hour longer, dozing off and enjoying the lazy time you have together.

"What do you want to do today?" Daniel asks after you're both finally ready and dressed. You shrug while making some breakfast for both of you. "Don't really care. We can go for a walk if it stays dry, otherwise just lounge around the house, and have a nice dinner together? We can have a whole day in and then go out for dinner tonight?" Daniel nods approvingly, "yeah let's do that, I'm not in the mood for any activities anyways today." You eat breakfast together on the breakfast bar, staring outside and enjoying the calmness of the morning.

After clearing up the bowls and spoons you both put on your shoes and coats, and you run upstairs to grab your camera as well before making your way outside. "Let's walk the beach path today." Daniel says, and you nod, intertwining your fingers. You walk in a comfortable silence until Daniel clears his throat. "I was wondering what you're doing during summer break?" you think about the plans you made. You were planning on visiting your mom and brother in Holland. You say that to Daniel, and he hums. "Can I join you?" you look at him with raised eyebrows. "Aren't you visiting your friends in LA?" he nods, "yeah I am, but I would like to see your mom and brother as well. I kind of wanted to ask if you wanted to come to LA with me, but I know you might want to have some alone time as well."

You're thinking about Daniels offer while walking onto the wet beach sand. You stare at the waves before you speak up, "If we go to Holland the first 4 days, we can fly to LA afterwards. I'll stay there for a week or so, and then I'll leave early so I can get some work done and figure out some things with planning shoots etc. while I join you for the race weekends. That way we spend more than half of the summer break together, and we also have some time alone?" you look at Daniel who nods, not entirely convinced. "I think that it's important to have a few days alone as well, I love you, and because of that I don't want to risk being tired of each other because we're together all the time. Besides, you haven't seen your friends in ages!"

"Yeah, that's right. But you can have alone time too when you're in LA you know... I don't mind it if you're going to work there or go out on your own. I just want to fly home with you and sleep next to you." You nod, it is nice to fly with Daniel because he always calms you down and sleeping next to him is the best thing ever. If you bring your equipment, you can work some in LA as well, plan out the shoots you want to do during race weeks and write blog articles. You look at Daniel who is patiently waiting until you're done thinking about what he just said. "Okay, but I want to spend the last days for work purposes then, so don't go asking me to join you somewhere then." He smiles brightly before pressing you against his chest. "I won't, I know I should not try and interfere with your work. I'm just happy I can sleep next to you every night during summer break."