8.3 Daniel & Nell

You're on your way back to the paddock with Sofia and Marie when Daniel calls you. He barely does that, mostly because he can never find his phone, so you're slightly worried when answering. "Hi babe, wha-" "you won't believe what mom just called for!" he exclaims with his voice cracking. "We can go home without the two-week quarantine!!" you gasp while covering your mouth with your hand, "are you joking! Baby that's amazing, wait I just arrived at the paddock where are you?" you hear him sniffle before he tells you that he's in his drivers room. "Okay, see you in 3 seconds" you say before scanning your pass, waving at the girls who smile at you, while hurrying towards Daniels drivers room.

You're picked up and pressed against Daniels warm body the moment you burst through the door. You wrap your arms around him, burying your face in his neck while trying not to cry. He sets you down after a few minutes but keeps his arms around you when he looks at your teary eyes. You can see that he has been crying too, and you smile at him before pulling his face down for a kiss. "I'm so happy" he whispers, and you nod, unable to say anything due to the emotions you're feeling. "I can't wait to re-introduce you, but now as my girlfriend" he mumbles while burying his face in your neck. You smile, stroking his back, softly swaying side to side, enjoying this moment in his arms.

"Okay, I packed everything already, so I hope you're fully ready for today because we're not coming back to the hotel." You tell Daniel who smiles while nodding, "did you leave out some travel chill clothes?" you look at him with a 'do you even need to ask' look and he puts his hands up in surrender. "Okay, okay, I'm just trying to act like I'm also organized in this relationship. I put half of your equipment in my backpack by the way, so you don't have to carry all that yourself. It was the not breakable equipment since I'm not allowed to touch the rest" he pouts, and you chuckle. "Thanks love, you're amazing. Let's go to the track now, smash this Sunday and fly home afterwards" you kiss him on the lips after making sure that you both have everything, before walking out of the hotel room.

You walk out into the Australian heat after a 9-hour flight, in which you both actually managed to sleep even though you were both so excited. There's only one hour time difference, which is great because that means no jet lag. "It's bloody good to be back, I think I'm going to cry again" you look at Daniel who looks around himself, visibly emotional, before his eyes land on your smiling face. "Finally, home, and with you by my side! Let's go find the car that's waiting for us and drive to my place in Perth. My parents are there already, mom wanted to make sure I came to a liveable home" he says, smiling happily while walking towards the car park.

You enjoy the breeze through the open car window while looking around the landscape that you've seen twice throughout your life, both times with Daniel to visit his family. You look at his hand on your thigh, and smile to yourself. He wasn't touching your thigh the other two times. "What are you smiling about babe?" you look at Daniel, before explaining to him why you were smiling. "I can tell this now, since I already confessed," he winks, "that I very much wanted to put my hand on your thigh back then too." You hum, intertwining your fingers while looking down at your hands. "Maybe we wouldn't have ended up here if you did it back then, so it's fine. It made our feelings only stronger now, don't you think?" he nods, smiling at you before focussing on the road again.

Seeing Daniels family again was incredibly emotional. You feel like you cried more than you did in the last 3 years, and there are multiple mental breakdown cries that have happened over that course of time. You look at Daniel who's sitting outside with his parents, the rest of the family left already, but they will stay here for a few nights. You went inside to get some drinks, and to be alone for a moment, the day was emotional, and sometimes a few minutes alone are enough to recharge your batteries. You walk around the open space that is his kitchen and living room, looking at pictures he put up and his collection of racing things. "Baby?" you hear him call, "I'm here" you say, before you feel his arms around your waist. "You alright?" you hum, before turning around in his arms and looking at his handsome face.