96.0: Old Faces Back Again

A/N: This chapter is based on 8x01 The Silencer

"Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything."
― George Bernard Shaw
(I can't remember if I've used this or not, so let's just pretend this is the first time lol)

Crystal blinked at the planner in front of her, "You want me to choose a color?" The wedding planner nodded, "Yes, weddings have themes and I was thinking maybe a romantic theme like the beach-"

"Look, I'm going to be honest. I really don't want a beach themed wedding nor do I give two thoughts about the color themes." Crystal stated and the planner laughed awkwardly, "Oh, I see. Well, what are you envisioning for your wedding?"

"Not a beach."

"Right...."

Crystal sighed and checked her watch, she really was going to kill Hotch for letting her do this alone. "Sorry, I'm not trying to be difficult." The planner shook her head, "Not at all! I know you and your fiancée are very busy, but I'm in a pickle if you both don't tell me what you'd like...." Crystal nodded and decided to at least try this out, she really didn't think she'd need a wedding planner until her mom asked if they'd thought about when and where they were having the wedding. With Emily leaving, there was more work to be done. Garcia and Morgan had went with her to make the move in and transition easier, they'd be gone until the end of the week. 

It's been almost a week since Crystal and Hotch have gotten engaged and they never really talked about wedding plans, so Rossi recommended a wedding planner. "Look kiddo, Hotch probably isn't the best second opinion because knowing him he'd just tell you 'if it makes you happy then go for it'. Get someone who's going to help you plan the wedding while your both out in the field catching criminals." So that's what they did, Crystal hired a wedding planner and this was the first meeting. It wasn't going well. Hotch had meetings and interviews for the replacement of Emily, so Crystal was on her own.

"I'd like to get married in North Carolina actually, my grandfather is getting older and I don't want to move him around to much. Would that be possible?" Crystal asked and her planner smiled, "Yes, I could get that arranged. Is there a specific thing you're looking for in a venue?" Crystal thought about it before shrugging, "I think an outdoor wedding would be nice, maybe we could have it more themed for the forest? Like a...."

"Actual wedding near the forest? Maybe some fairy lights outside and lanterns?" The planner filled in and Crystal hummed before smiling, "Yeah, that sounds nice. I want it to feel magical, enchanting if you will." Her planner nodded excitedly, "Yes, I can definitely make that work. I'll get started with a couple options, do you know when you'd like the wedding?" Crystal bit her lip, "We're trying to shoot for the beginning of next year."

"That's soon."

"It is."

"I'll start right away, we should be fine since I know a few people I could call favors from. We do need a color theme though and then we need your dress fitting, cake testing, flowers, and work out the invitations. After the venue is picked, we need to choose the menu of the wedding, find a caterer for the food, and then decorations for the venue itself." Her planner told her and Crystal sighed, yeah they really did need a planner for all of this. Crystal's phone buzzed and it was Hotch, they had a case and the new Agent had been assigned to the team.

Crystal put away her phone, "Sure, we can start on those things whenever you think we should. I have to go now, I have a case." Her planner nodded, "I'll email you potential venues that I find that fit your desired time, I'll try to schedule the other things too like the cake and dress fittings." Crystal smiled and sighed, "I promise to bring Aaron next time."