109.0: Coming Clean

A/N: This chapter is based on 8x12 Zugzwang

TRIGGER WARNINGS: STALKING, KIDNAPPING, SU*CIDE MENTION

"Perhaps that is where our choice lies -- in determining how we will meet the inevitable end of things, and how we will greet each new beginning."
― Elana K

Crystal threw up again and Jason held her hair up, "How long does morning sickness last?" Nick walked in with a bottle of water, "Usually throughout the first trimester, but it lightens up after that." She took it from him and wiped her mouth before rinsing her mouth with water, she spat it back into the toilet before flushing it. She sipped on the water and sighed, "Well, at least it's not too bad. I've only been throwing up every other day or so and it only started after I hit 3 weeks." She was 5 weeks pregnant, and her family had come into town to see her.

Her mom had cried when she heard the news, and she stared fondly at Crystal's stomach. She wasn't showing yet, but the knowledge of the baby there was enough. Jason helped her out of he bathroom with the help of Nick and they went to the living room where the others were. Tyler looked over at her, "Better?" She hummed and Hotch walked over to her, he kissed her head. Crystal sighed at this and sat down on the couch, Jack was quick to sit next to her. "Am I having a sister or a brother?"

Her dad chuckled at this, "What do you want, little guy?" Jack thought about it before shrugging, "I'm not too sure, do I have to share my toys if it's a boy?" Amy laughed at this and the ring on her finger caught the sunlight from the window, "I think regardless you'll have to." Jason had proposed to Amy not too long ago, and Crystal was very much happy for them. It had been in the bakery and he had made her a cake that was decorated to look like a firecracker. "Cause I light up your world." Jason told Amy and Crystal had no idea how he got her to say yes to that, but it was sweet when Amy explained how firecracker was an inside joke for them.

A plate of apples were put in front of her and she smiled at her mom, "Thank you." Her mom rubbed her head, "Of course, Pops is bringing out some sweets for you. Maybe it'll get your energy up?" Crystal had noticed one major thing in her pregnancy, and it was that she was very tired almost all the time. Hotch told her how when Haley was having Jack, she was tired almost constantly as well. "It's normal, you just need rest." That put her mind at ease, and she had started her cravings. Apples were the main ones, how ironic, and spicy or sour foods as well.

Pops walked over and set a plate of apple dumplings in front of her, "Just like your grandma used to make them." Crystal smiled at this and took a fork to eat some, she melted at the taste and sighed. "Thank Pops, it's amazing." It did feel like her family was being a bit much with them all coming over to take care of her, but it was nice to see everyone excited. They'd be leaving tonight since they've been here for three days already, and Crystal promised to take some time off and visit when she got closer to her due date.

The team had been really excited as well, and they had taken extra precautions around the office to make sure everything was safe. Crystal thought it was a bit excessive, but Nick reminded her that she was barely a month into her pregnancy. "Your baby still isn't the most stable right now Chris, so you need to be cautious." Taking into account of how she found out she was pregnant, she agreed that she should relax and take extra care with her health. She ate another piece of the apple dumplings as Tyler discussed what they should do for dinner when she covered her mouth, she felt nauseous again and quickly got up to the bathroom once again.

Hotch went with her this time and she threw up again, he held up her hair and rubbed her back. She wiped her mouth and sighed, but smiled tiredly at him. "For the baby." He kissed her head softly, "For the baby."

It's all going to be worth it.

___

"Drive safely, okay?" Crystal told her parents and her dad hugged her, "We'll be alright, you worry about yourself and the one you're carrying now. Don't be afraid to call, me and your mom dealt with the four of you guys. We can pass on some advice." She smiled at her dad and hugged her mom too before hugging her brothers. Jason squeezed her before pulling back, "Hold on." Crystal was confused, but watched as he softly did some kind of handshake with her stomach. "Gotta start young with the handshake, that way they'll learn it easier when they're grown up." Jason told her and her eyes teared up, she sniffled and he panicked. "Fuck, what-"