32.0: Halloween and Party

A/N: Continuation of 6x06 Devil's Night

"Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes."

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

When they arrived at the address they cleared the empty warehouse before lowering their weapons, the place was cluttered with items. They all started to look around hoping to find any clues to where Kaman might be heading to next, Emily turned on a light. "He might be sensitive to light due to his burns."

"And his skin," Morgan stated, "There's no mirrors or any personal items in sight." Crystal hummed as she continued looking, "We did say he's got nothing to live for." Emily sighed as she looked around, "Abducting Chris Edwards was irrational for a planner like him, he went onto private property."

"Something set him off or he knows he's backed into a corner, he's going to try and get to his endgame." Morgan stated as he walked over to them, "He's already killed the man who caused the accident, who's next?"

"The person who's caused him the most pain, who broke his heart." Emily stated, "We need to find out who that is."

___

Hotch had called them stating that Edwards was found dead, Kaman left his vehicle at the crime scene and was traveling on foot. After he hung up Morgan was looking through his bed, "Hey, I think I got something."

Crystal and Prentiss went over to him, Crystal raised an eyebrow as she looked at the journal Morgan was holding. "A girl?" There were pictures of the same girl in a journal, "Any names?"

"No," Morgan stated as he flipped the pictures around, Emily sighed. "She's most likely his next target, we need to find out who she is." Emily took out her phone and took pictures of each one, "I'll send them to Garcia to see if she can get a hit."

___

When Garcia called them back she had patched the phone call with Hotch as well, they all were currently driving around to find Kaman.

"Friends we're on a 3-way."

"What's going on?" Hotch asked as the chief took a sharp turn, "Hotch, we found pictures of a girl in Kaman's apartment, we think she's his girlfriend." Morgan answered and Crystal nodded, "We think she's what got him to turn his life around, we think she's his next target."

"So I blew up those pictures and one of them she appears to be in a restaurant, so I zoomed in on the sign, there's an 'o' and apostrophe 's', cross-checked the area, had 5 hits on diners, but only one is in the Rivertown area. And yes, locations and names sent to your phones."

"Good work Garcia, we're on our way." Hotch responded as the chief drove faster, they were only a few blocks away while Crystal, Morgan, and Prentiss were still far away. They stayed on the line as they all continued driving to the diner, Crystal heard Garcia gasp.

"Guys, fire alert just went out at the diner."

Morgan stepped on the gas more and turned on the sirens as Hotch and the chief did the same, they were racing to get to the diner in time. When Hotch and the chief arrived he pulled out his radio, "Back up's on the way, all units 565 East Jefferson-"

"There isn't time." Hotch interrupted as he exited the car, Crystal's eyes widen as did Morgan's and Emily's when he said this. Crystal swallowed, "Hotch?" There was no response as Morgan continued to speed down the road, they were almost there. All of a sudden there was a loud explosion and Crystal tightened her grip on the phone, "Hotch? Hotch!"

___

When they arrived at the scene Crystal immediately exited the car and searched for Hotch, she sighed in relief as she saw him near an ambulance talking to the man he saved. Crystal ran over to him and hugged him, he gave a sigh of relief as he returned her embrace. After Crystal let go she held his face, "Are you stupid? Why would you run in? Are you okay?"