101.0: Sweet Honeymooners & Disturbances

A/N: This chapter is based on 8x06 The Apprenticeship with scenes from 8x05 The Good Earth mentioned

TRIGGER WARNINGS: ELEMENTS OF GROOMING, KIDNAPPING, ANIMAL ABUSE (DEATH), S*XUAL ASS*ULT (WHOLE CHAPTER IS TRIGGER WARNING FROM WHEN THE CASE STARTS SO BE CAUTIOUS)

Time skips are used throughout this chapter :)

"You see the world as fixed and finite, and it is not. It is liquid and ever moving, and one act can change everything."
― A.C. Gaughen

Crystal brushed her hair as she got ready for work, taking the week off for her and Hotch's honeymoon had been an experience. Jack had went to spend the week with Crystal's family while her and Hotch went back home, they didn't want to go away anywhere for their honeymoon. Staying at home fit them better as well, just waking up with no worries about cases and having time for themselves was a better honeymoon than Crystal could dream of. 

It was only a rumor, but Crystal heard that Garcia threatened that if anyone even so called them to talk about a case then she'd unleash a virus on their electronics that not even she could take off. That definitely sounded like her, but Crystal appreciated it. Their time at home let them get more domestic around each other, Crystal had gotten used to waking up and baking since Jack liked taking something light to school for a snack.

Because of that, she's been waking up to bake even before the wedding. She knew Jack was gone for the week, but she still got up to bake out of habit. During that time, Hotch would wake up too and just hug her as she worked. One time he decided to be funny and twirled her, "You told me you didn't remember me dancing with you." She laughed at him, but humored him as they continued to dance to the nonexistent music. That was something they did now, just dancing in the morning as they waited for whatever she was baking to finish. It was sweet, and Crystal didn't think she'd have it any other way with anyone else.

Going back to work and her normal life had fun, seeing Jack and the team again was nice. Nick had dropped him off the night before her and Hotch went back to work, Jack had been asleep when he arrived and Hotch took him to his room. Nick had smiled at her before he left, "So when can I expect to be an uncle of a baby?" Crystal had kicked his shin before shooing him away, she blushed at his words and went to see Jack before heading to bed. Kids were something they wanted, but just not now. At least not yet, it was too early for that right now. Maybe later on when things were more stable, until then there would be no babies.

"We can stick to practicing." Hotch teased and she laughed as he picked her up, that was a fond memory she had. Crystal headed downstairs and kissed Hotch on the cheek before going to hug Jack, "Hey bud, ready for school?" It was October now and Halloween would be soon, the months she spent as Hotch's wife had been eventful. Her legal name was now Crystal Archer Hotchner, but she kept her name as Agent Archer which was approved by Strauss. It'd be confusing to others if they were both Agent Hotchner, so letting her stay Archer would actually be helpful.

Jack smiled and nodded, he had went to brag to his class that he had gotten a new mom. Crystal even went in for show and tell, Rossi had somehow showed up to take pictures and she decided to not question it. They were good pictures and that had been fun to tell the team about. Morgan had chuckled when he told her, "Of course he did, you know Garcia has a folder of pictures right?" 

Sadly that doesn't surprise me.

Crystal wiped his mouth and Jack nodded, "Yeah, there's going to be some Halloween party for my classes." Crystal hummed at this and Hotch got up from the table, "I'm gonna grab my files in the room, then we can head out." 

"Sounds good."

Hotch put his dishes in the sink before heading up the stairs, Jack turned back to her and tugged on her sleeve. "Crystal." Crystal hummed as she sipped her orange juice, Jack took in a deep breath. "Do you want me to call you mom?" Crystal almost choked, but coughed to recover. "Uh, do you want to?" Jack shrugged at this, "I don't know, I know you're my new mom. I just don't know what to call you."