97.0: New Dynamics With Old Feelings

A/N: Continuation of 8x01 The Silencer

TRIGGER WARNING: SU*CIDE, SELF-HARM, AND ABUSIVE BEHAVIORS FROM PARENTS

"You wouldn't believe that so much could change just because a relationship ended."
― Nick Hornby

A body had been reported, the Silencer had struck again and it had been in a secluded area just like they had suspected. Morgan was checking out the body and stiches, Tilghman sighed and walked over to Hotch and Crystal. "We've got all the highways covered, roadblocks on the rural roads. He's most likely stolen a vehicle to help him move quicker and to wherever he's headed. How'd you know to look here?" Hotch motioned to the building, "It's local and isolated, just like him." 

"He's a loner, he won't put himself out in the open where he'll have to interact with big crowds." Crystal explained and sighed, "They found the EMT's shirt in the trash can, so now we have no idea what he's wearing." 

"So all he have is that he stole a car, but I don't know what the make or model is since I don't even know what was here." Tilghman told them and JJ walked over to them with a notebook, "Found some names and numbers, my guess is these are customers who had their cars fixed up here." Tilghman looked down at the names, "Any makes or models?" JJ shook her head, "No, but there are orders for parts." She closed the notebook before motioning to the front of the building, "The attendants motorcycle is still out front, why didn't he take that? He could've went off road and it would've been faster."

Crystal shrugged, "You can sleep in a car, but this isn't to far from the last accident site." 

"6 miles." Tilghman offered, "We've got choppers and dogs on the whole area, but he still managed to get away." Crystal frowned at this, "So why stay? If I was on the run, I'd try to get as far from this place as I could. Especially with the risk of road blockages." JJ looked over at Tilghman, "Have you ever seen a fugitive stay this close to the crime scene?" Tilghman shook his head, "Depends on how patient he is and what he's trying to prove."

Crystal looked over when she heard footsteps approaching them, Morgan walked over with another piece of paper in a plastic bag. "'Waiting on the Taste of Honey, the Smell of Summer.'" Crystal took the bag and Tilghman frowned, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" JJ took the bag from Crystal, "Maybe it's a list of the things he's missed since he's been locked up?"

"I've never heard anything like it before...." Crystal took the bag back and stared at it, why would this be so important to the Silencer? Hotch looked at Morgan, "Call Blake, catch her up to speed." Morgan nodded and took out his phone, he walked away from them after taking back the bag. Crystal was still trying to think about what the message could mean when she felt someone rub her forehead, she looked over at Hotch who gave her a small smile. "A wise woman once told me I should stop frowning so much, I'd get wrinkles. She also said people looked better smiling, I think you should follow that advice."

Crystal smiled at this and sighed, "I just can't understand him." Hotch moved her hair behind her ear, "We're missing some clues, we'll figure it out in time." Crystal shook her head, "I'd rather much find him before he murders someone else. I also feel a bit distracted." Hotch raised an eyebrow at this and she smiled, "Our wedding is barely on our minds, we've basically pushed all the responsibility to our planner and she's...struggling. We're not really good at this, are we?"

Hotch held her face in her hands, "Maybe, but our wedding planner is doing her best just like we are. There's no need to worry about it, I'd marry you in the BAU if it comes down to it. As long as we leave whatever place we end up in with each other as husband and wife, I'm content." Crystal relaxed in his hold and sighed, "Rossi said you'd be like this." Hotch chuckled and stroked her cheek, "Sorry, I'll stop."