31.0: Hallows Eve

A/N: This chapter will be based on 6x06 Devil's Night and a bit of 6x05 Safe Haven

WARNING: THERE'S SWEARING IN THIS CHAPTER

"I realized how truly hard it was, really, to see someone you love change right before your eyes. Not only is it scary, it throws your balance off as well."

― Sarah Dessen

Crystal walked into the office and smiled at Reid's desk, "You really love Halloween Doc."

"It's my favorite holiday, I'm super excited." Reid answered as he finished putting all of his decorations on his desk, he had little pumpkins and ghosts decorating his desk. He picked one up and handed it to her, "You want one for yours?"

"Thanks Doc, I'm excited for Halloween too." Crystal smiled as she put the little pumpkin on her desk, Halloween was in a couple days and she was having a party at her apartment with the team and Hotch was bringing Jack over. Crystal heard footsteps and looked up to see Hotch walking over to her, "Hi."

"Hi," Hotch responded as he gave her a Ziploc bag with cookies, "From Jack and me, he mainly made them though and decorated them." Crystal smiled as she took the bag from him, there was pumpkins and black cats. "Thank you, tell him I love them." Crystal took one out and took a bite, "They're really good."

"I'll let him know," Hotch gave her a small smile and sighed, "Jack doesn't want to be Spiderman anymore, so we both might have to come to your party without a costume."

"I'm sure he'll make up his mind, he still has some time before he needs to decide. Shouldn't frown so much Big Boss, what if someone's falling in love with your smile?" Hotch gave her an amused look, "I'll keep that in mind, I also came down here to tell you that we've got a case."

"Be right over once I'm done with my cookie," Crystal smiled and Hotch's lips twitched before he left, Crystal heard someone clear their throat. Crystal turned to look over at Reid who had a raised eyebrow, "I guess you both forgot I was here?"

"Of course not Doc, want a cookie?" Reid smiled as he took a cookie and Crystal smiled as she finished hers, once they were done with their cookies they walked to the conference room. When they sat down Hotch entered, "We're going to Detroit."

"But it's Halloween weekend." Reid said sadly and Hotch looked over at him, "Arson investigator's have noticed a 3-year trend in days leading up to Halloween." Crystal hummed, "Devil's Night." Hotch nodded, "This unsub's killing only these 3 days out of the year."

"How's he doing it?" Rossi asked and Hotch looked over at him, "He's burning them alive, he's abducting seemingly random people and dumping their bodies in abandoned parts of town. He struck again last night." 

Garcia cleared her throat, "Yeah Tony Torrell, 40. He lives in the suburbs, but was found 20 miles away in the Rivertown District." Rossi nodded, "He's attacking the town during a vulnerable time." Reid looked at the team confused, "What does he do the rest of the year?" 

"He's dormant."

Crystal shrugged, "Planning? He's been doing this for 3 years, so he's had lots of time to plan this out." 

"Y'know, arsonists are typically white males between 17 and 25 who can't stay away from fire." Reid stated and Morgan nodded, "They're addicted and there's no rehab."

"And they target dwellings, not people." Reid finished and Garcia looked at them confused, "So you're saying he burns people alive, but he's not an arsonist?"

"Fires simply his weapon." Morgan responded and Reid nodded, "Devil's Night gives him the perfect cover to kill." 

"Then we've got 48 hours before he disappears again." Hotch stated and Morgan picked up the file, "His last victim was athletic, he wouldn't be easy to subdue. The offender must be just as strong or might've gotten the upper hand if he's younger." Emily hummed, "Still, how does he transport his victims across the city and get them inside buildings without being noticed?"