56.0: Some People Leave

A/N: This story will be based on 6x24 Supply & Demand with a mention of 6x23 Big Sea with Morgan's cousin mentioned

TRIGGER WARNINGS: THIS EPISODE TALKED ABOUT HUMAN TRAFFICING SO THIS WHOLE STORY WILL BE A TRIGGER WARNING CHAPTER AS WELL AS THE NEXT ONE

"I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is that they must change if they are to get better."
― Georg Lichtenberg

It was late and Hotch was getting ready to leave, they just finished paperwork and it was late now. Crystal walked him over to the elevator and hugged him before he left, Crystal tightened her hold on him before letting go. Hotch gave her a small smile before bringing her wrist to his lips, he placed a gentle kiss on her scar before just holding her wrist. "Goodnight Archer."

"Goodnight Hotch." Crystal stated with a shy smile, no matter who many times he's done this it still gave her butterflies. Crystal waved goodbye to him before walking back into her apartment, Crystal headed into her room.

We unknowingly have another nightly ritual.

Crystal frowned when her phone rang, it was really late and there shouldn't be another case so soon. "Archer."

"How's the BAU treating you?"

"Chief?" Crystal asked shocked, she didn't expect her old boss to call her. "Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine, just checking in."

"Chief, I didn't become a profiler just for show. I know somethings up, what is it?" Crystal raised an eyebrow as she heard her mentor laugh.

"That's what I liked about you Archer, always straight to the point and just always doing the best more than anyone in this department. I was wondering, would you ever think about coming back?"

"What?"

"Your position's been filled, but I would promote you to Chief of another department. I could make some calls and the position would be yours-"

"No."

"Maybe just think-"

"Look Chief, I know you mean well but the BAU is where I belong. I'm not giving it up for anything, I don't want to be Chief of a Unit, I'm staying with the FBI." Crystal stated firmly, she didn't want to sound rude, but she wouldn't leave the FBI for a different position.

"I see, well that's a shame Archer. The department misses you."

"Is that all?" Crystal couldn't hide that this conversation had pissed her off a bit, she heard her mentor sigh.

"Yes, sorry to ruin your night. Take care."

Crystal didn't answer as she hung up, she shook her head before heading to bed.

___

Crystal unwrapped her scarf from around her neck, Summer was almost over and the cold weather had once again arrived. Crystal smiled at her picture of last years Halloween party, she headed up to the conference room where the others were waiting except for Garcia and Hotch.

Crystal took her seat and Garcia came speed-walking in, "Where's Hotch?" The team looked at Crystal who smiled at them, "Any minute." Garcia swallowed as she sat down, "I didn't get a file? Is everything okay?" Rossi shrugged as he looked at his tablet, "Don't know."

"When's the last time he called a meeting this early?" Seaver asked and Reid immediately answered, "3 years 8 months ago."

"What happened?"