73.0: Routines & Copycats

A/N: This story will be based on 7x11 True Genius
We also see Hotch's pov for the beginning of the chapter before going back into Crystal's~
*Fixed some typos, not all*

"Observe always that everything is the result of change, and get used to thinking that there is nothing Nature loves so well as to change existing forms and make new ones like them."
― Marcus Aurelius

Hotch groaned when he felt someone jump on him, "Good morning to you too buddy." 

"Daddy, breakfast time." Jack smiled at him and Hotch chuckled before nodding, "Did my alarm go off?" Jack nodded, "It did so I turned it off, I wanted to come wake you up." Hotch smiled and ruffled his hair, "Thanks bud, let's get you ready for school."

Hotch got up and lifted Jack in his arms, they walked into the kitchen where Jess had already placed Jack's oatmeal and orange juice. "Jack insisted on turning off your alarm, sorry."

"It's alright, I'm up and not late." Hotch assured and put Jack down in his chair for him to eat, Jack thanked Jess before he started eating. Jess cleared her throat, "So, are you training again today?"

"It's Wednesday so yes, I am."

"With Crystal?"

"Archer is running the marathon with me." Hotch answered and Jack looked at him excitedly, "You and Crystal are racing?"

"Something like that bud," Hotch smiled at him and he smiled back, "Does that mean Crystal's going to sleep over more?" Hotch's eyes widen and Jess laughed, he cleared his throat. "We'll see Jack, eat your breakfast."

Jess walked over to Hotch with a smirk, "Seems like she's left quite an impression on you and Jack, any plans Aaron?"

"No idea what you're implying Jess."

"Aaron, you really need to rethink your career if you can't see that Crystal is really into you as well." Jess said amusingly and Hotch chuckled, "You sound like Dave."

"Just keep an opened mind, you're missing a lot of hints." Jess smiled as she went over to wipe Jack's face, Hotch shook his head with a smile. He grabbed himself a cup to pour himself coffee, he took a sip and sighed.

I hope she is into me.

___

Hotch smiled as he walked over to Crystal who had her back faced to him as she was looking down at her phone, Hotch gently wrapped his arms around her. "Hi, were you waiting long?" Crystal turned to look at him with a smile, "Not at all, just got here actually." Hotch hummed as he gently placed a kiss on her forehead, Crystal closed her eyes and smiled as he gently leaned his forehead against hers.

Hotch tightened his hold on her, "Are you ready to run?" Crystal nodded as she moved out of his arms and turned to look at him, "Definitely, let's go?" Crystal jogged away from him and he chuckled as he quickly caught up next to her, "Trying to leave me behind?"

"You're just to slow Hotchner, keep up." Crystal laughed before jogging faster away and Hotch stared at her gently before picking up his pace to catch her, he easily caught up again and poked her which made her yelp as he ran past her as she called out 'cheater!'.

___

Hotch gently laid on Crystal's lap as she played with his hair, they were sitting underneath a tree and Hotch sighed with content as he closed his eyes. Crystal gently hummed as she continued to do this, Hotch smiled with his eyes still closed when she booped his nose.

This had been their routine during their training, they would start earlier than normal so that they could spend the last 30 minutes staying under the tree to just relax before going to the local café. Hotch gently grabbed Crystal's hand when he opened his eyes, he intertwined their fingers and he smiled softly at her. "Ready to go grab some coffee?"