52.0: Soccer, Birthdays & New Faces

A/N: This story will be based on 6x22 Out of the Light and some elements from 6x21 The Stranger where Strauss wants Hotch's assessment. The pictures are what Crystal receives as gifts~

TRIGGER WARNING: This episode talks about Rape (not in detail) but it is mentioned

"People are who they are and, try as you might, you cannot make them be what you want them to be."
― Leila Sales

Crystal smiled as she watched Jack with the ball, Jack passed the ball to his teammate who kicked it the wrong way. Crystal hid her laugh as Jack quickly ran after it again, "Go Jack!" 

Crystal clapped her hands as Jack got the ball back, but he fell and Hotch was instantly over to him. "You okay bud?" Jack nodded and Hotch patted the dirt off of him, "Go get them bud." Hotch clapped as Jack ran back towards the ball, Crystal smiled as Hotch moved her hair out of her face.

The game ended and the referee walked over to Hotch and Crystal as Jack was in Hotch's arms, "Hey there Jack good job today." Jack smiled and the referee looked at Hotch, "Y'know, the team needs a coach."

Hotch raised an eyebrow, "I heard, the other coach quit?"

"Him and his wife's baby arrived early last week so he didn't have time to find a replacement, would you be interested?" The referee asked and Hotch cleared his throat, "Is there a reason you're asking me?"

"I barely see any of the other parents watching, you guys are always cheering and focused."

"It's something I'd need to think about."

"That's fine, let me know what your answer is." The referee smiled over at Crystal, "Please don't get pregnant again yet unless you have a replacement coach ready if your husband decides to coach." The referee walked away and Crystal's face turned red, she looked over at Hotch who's face was equally as red.

"I-" Crystal cleared her throat, "Nice game Jack." Jack made grabby hands at Crystal and Hotch gave him to her, Crystal gave Hotch a shy smile before walking to the car. Hotch watched her walk away with a flustered face, he smiled and shook his head as he went to catch up.

___

Crystal at the moment was confused, there was a woman with short brown hair, a man with dirty blond hair, and a woman with red hair at her desk right now and she had no idea why. Crystal had assumed they were friends of Seaver's, but they had asked if her name was Crystal.

"That depends, why're you asking?" Crystal raised an eyebrow and the brown haired girl gulped, "Are you a friend of Nick's?" Crystal frowned, "Is he okay?"

"Oh, he's fine! I just-" The man rolled his eyes, "I'm Jake, the brunette is Megan, and the redhead is Marcy. Megan has the hots for Nick and wants to know if you two are boning."

"Jake!" Megan exclaimed as her eyes widen, she blushed as she looked back over at Crystal. "I'm sorry, I know this is out of the blue and you don't know me. I just don't want to ruin a relationship if he's in one, oh wait. That's not what I meant, I meant that I don't want to like a guy who has a girlfriend and who's really pretty and- wow you are really pretty and I just really like him and I don't want to ruin anything-"

Oh, this is funny.

Crystal smiled as she cleared her throat, "Can I ask how you know Nick?"

"Oh, we intern at the same hospital. He has a picture of you and him on his desk and I asked about you and he said you worked at the FBI and you were his biggest inspiration and- wow you're really pretty." Megan stated in awe and Crystal would've found it cute if she wasn't trying so hard not to laugh, Crystal looked behind them to see Nick walking to her with flowers.