Blowing Up

*BEEP*
*BEEP*
*BEEP*

I pat around on my nightstand to cut my alarm clock off.

*BEEP*
*BEEP*
*BEEP*

I sit up only to see that the time reads 10:37.
"Holy shit" I mutter. I jump out of bed and dress into some ripped black jeans, a red t-shirt, and red & black Jordan 12s. Furthermore, I brush my teeth and pick my hair and head to the door.

"Somebody's late," my housemate Jessica stated.

"Why'd you let me sleep in? Do you not know what day it is?" I asked, frustrated.

"No, I never do the days just go by too fast, and second, you needed the slumber. Music has been tiring you out," she said, still not fazed by what today is.

"Look, I got exams today, and I'm already late, but please clean up before I get back," I begged because this house is disgusting.

I grab my keys off the hook and walk out the door.

"No promises," she yelled before the door shut.

I got in the car and drove my way to school.

It's not what you're thinking, so let me explain. Hi, my name is Y/N, and I'm 26. I attend the University of Southern California. After high school, I took some time off before I went to college, and it was the best decision I've ever made. Jessica and I met in high school. She was nice to me after word got out that I was born intersex, and we became close. Music is my passion, I love to rap. I post songs on YouTube when I get the chance and so far it hasn't been paying off, but I'm keeping my head held high.

I decide to cut on the radio since it's super quiet.

"It's DJ Turn It Up, and you're listening to 101.5 Pop Hits. This next song is 7 rings by Ariana Grande,"

I turn up the volume a little as her voice blares through the speakers.

"Girls with tattoos who like getting in trouble," I sing along.

"I want it, I got it," I hum as I pull up into the parking lot.

I park in my designated spot and turn the car off. I run to class and silently open the door.

"You're a little late, Ms. Sky," Mr. Brown says, causing the class to look my way.

"I know, I'm so sorry," I respond, not wanting to deal with this right now.

"We're just finishing up exam instructions. Why don't you take a seat over there," he declares as he points to the middle left of the classroom?

Mr Brown passes out a test booklet to everyone and returns to the front of the room.

"You have one hour and 30 minutes to complete the exam." He looks up at the clock,
"You may now begin," he concludes.

_________________________

*LUNCH*

"You think you fly, but you not
I'll give it all that I got
I'm like the California sun
Because I'm just way too hot
See this too easy
I do this in my spare time
While you bored all alone,
And writing down your rhymes"