Trial and Error

Day of the Trial

Jail was not a good place to be. Dinah had gotten into a fight with another female inmate and quite frankly beat her ass. The only good thing is that she didn't get into trouble for it because she didn't start it.

We were now sitting in a courtroom waiting for the judge to arrive. The girls had came along with my grandparents, Dinah's parents and Bryson's parents too. There was other people here like Camila, Scooter, and Daltons parents.

Not too long later the judge appeared. She was a woman who had to be in her late 50's or early 60's.

After the bailiff called the court to order and swore in the jury, the trial officially started. The prosecution calls their first witness and it's one of Dalton's friends, Henry.

He tells his side of the story and honestly it was a bunch of bullshit. He purposely left out certain details like them causing the accident and torturing me at the warehouse. He claims they went to London for a vacation, not to get back at me.

Tyler was the next witness called to the stand and it took everything in me to keep my composure. He looked like shit. Probably because the group doesn't fuck with him anymore. Jess said she broke up with him for snitching on us.

"Can you tell the court what happened on the day of February 2nd?" The prosecutor asks.

"Bryson murdered Robert Pines. I can't tell you what for because I don't know myself." Tyler answers.

I just know he isn't serious right now. I didn't see this situation take place because I was chained up but I know it didn't go down like that.

Tyler basically commits perjury for every question after that and we were all pissed. I thought I could trust him but truth is you can't trust anyone.

Our lawyer, Mike, asks Tyler some questions too. He shows the jury texts messages of our group chat, showing that Tyler agreed to and even helped plan our retaliation.

After many other questions and a couple other witnesses, the judge said there was a fifteen minute recess before the defense presents their case.

Bryson, Dinah, and I were taken to an office until it was time for the trial to start again. Our lawyer starts going over his defense case. An officer opens the door and the girls come in.

Ariana immediately comes over to me and wraps her arms around me.

"I've missed you so much. It's only been a week but it's been so long." She says.

"I've missed you more baby." I respond.

She places her lips on mine and I kiss back with no hesitation. I couldn't kiss her for a week and this was a feeling that I definitely missed.

We break apart and she stays next to me.

"Hey Mila." I say and hug her.

I say hi to the rest of the girls and hug them before sitting back down with Ariana on my lap.

"I hope the jury says you're not guilty because jail does not look good on you. And that goes for all of you." Jess says.

"Fuck off Jessica." Bryson says.

She wasn't totally wrong but I wasn't going to give her that satisfaction of being right.

"Okay, we have a few minutes left before we're called back into the courtroom so here's what I can try to sell to the jury." Mike says.

So far he was a pretty fucking awesome lawyer. I wonder where Ariana found this guy.

"Y/N, you were a target. Bryson and Dinah just helped out the same way Dalton's friends helped him. Thanks to Ariana, she gave me the flash drive that apparently Tyler found at the scene of the accident. It'll help prove my self defense case." He explains.