What A Day

I woke up as I felt sudden strange movement. As I look over to my right I see Ari sleeping peacefully. 'Oh right I forgot she was here' I think to myself. I slip out of bed carefully, not wanting to disturb her and proceed to do my morning routine. After quietly taking a shower, I throw on some undergarments. I head to my closet and put on some white cargo pants, a graphic purple t-shirt and grab some Jordan 4's 'Court Purple' off the shelf.

Deciding to have my long curly hair down today, I grab a white and purple tie dye bucket hat. I spray some Versace cologne over my clothes and on my wrist. I finish the look with a couple of gold chains, some stud earrings, a few rings, and a gold bracelet.

I walk back into the room and see that Ariana is still asleep. I silently walk up and grab my phone off of the charger that's on the nightstand and head downstairs after closing my room door. I make it down the stairs and astonishingly see Jess.

"Hey stranger, where have you been?" I ask breaking silence.

She's sitting on the couch and turns to face me.

"At Tyler's but it's not like you care" she responds bitterly.

I pour me a glass of apple juice and sit in one of the stools.

"Come on Jess, stop being so childish. That's so unfair to say. Just because my dreams are coming true doesn't mean I just suddenly forgot about you. You're supposed to be my best friend." I say.

I'll admit it does hurt knowing that she feels I don't care about her but she's going about it like a child.

"I'm being unfair?" She questions starting to raise her voice.
"For someone who's supposed to be my best friend, I didn't even get a text from you. I could've been hurt or dead or something and I don't even get a 'hey how are you text'. But you don't care, I see online how you're just living it up with Ariana fucking Grande, but I can't even get a quick 'you alright' text." she rants full blown yelling at this point.

"Yeah you're right, maybe I could've sent a quick text. But you seriously can't start acting like it's the end of the world. I'm just busier than normal. I have an album to work on which requires me to be in the studio nonstop and I'm still in college. Did you even think about that or is this all just about you? I'm sorry I can't be here 24/7 anymore but you're really being selfish right now Jess. You're supposed to be supportive like I've always been towards you and I don't even feel that type of love coming from you." I scream.

I start to massage my temples, a headache quickly growing. This argument is a load of bullshit and I can't even believe it's happening.

"You know" I start.
"I was just telling Ariana yesterday so much about you and how you are like the greatest friend I've ever had. All that cool and rebellious shit we used to do in high school which by the way was one of the best moments of my life. When Austin broke your heart, who was there? Who beat his ass to a bloody pulp because he cheated on you? Who did detention for three weeks because they lied and said they vandalized Ms. Johnson's classroom, when in reality you did it." I continue.

"You did" Jess whispers.

"If I remember correctly, I'm also the same person that put out a missing persons report because I didn't see you for four days straight. I'm the same person that gave you a place to live and helped you back on your feet. I introduced you to Tyler. I did everything for you Jess because you were my best friend and I loved you. Don't ever make it seem like I'm just this bad person because my career is taking off and I don't have time to hang around. I'm always gonna be the same Y/N you met in high school." I conclude.

I haven't even realized that a couple tears dropped from my eyes.

"I'm sorry Y/N, maybe I should've just talked to you instead of getting mad at you" Jessica says calmly.