55

what is love?

love is exhausting. love is like that offbeat cheap song you hate hearing on the radio. love an itchy feeling under your skin you can't get rid of. love is like settling for a 1 star hotel because your pockets are empty. love feels like a bird with its wings stapled shut.

love is forcing yourself to look at someone through rose coloured glasses because you seemed to have cared too much again.

but

love feels like warm hands holding you as your body shivers on cold nights. love makes you say things you would only hear in cliche high-school coming of age movies. love feels like flowering blooming on your skin in which your lover has placed their delicate hands.

love is the only thing that could hurt you multiple times, leave you with multiple broken hearts and a migraine that will never leave your brain, and you will still come back to it.

you will search for it like your new puppy ran away. look for it's raw beauty in every hidden corner of this world. you will lust for human contact and the feeling of relaxation in another's arms. hunger and thirst cannot compare to the way you crave another's affection. another to just spend years with and to share silly memories with, even if you won't remember them when you grow old.

love will make you sacrifice everything you have. it will make you trade your entire collection of valuable items for something you have to have patience to build. love will make you rip out your most valuable part of your body, place it in another's hands and expect them to patch it up from your past lovers wounds they have left on your delicate heart.

you place your life in the hands of someone you have only just met, and even if it feels déjà vu to ask someone what their favorite color is or their middle name, you still give them everything you have.

you only have hope to keep you from overthinking if your lover still finds you beautiful even when you cannot even stand to pass a mirror.

love can make you crazy. it can make you want to hurt yourself or your lover. it can make you want to give up everything you have ever worked for in the years you have spent on this planet.

and it's so crazy how we let something keep coming back into our lives, no matter how many times it has hurt you. especially something we can't even see with our own eyes.