Nightmares

Clint woke screaming. A pair of gentle arms craddled him protectively against a soft chest. It took him a moment to figure out where he was.

Anselma had accompanied him to his room and put him under the covers before laying next to him. He didn't think he would actually sleep but he had. Now he was gasping for breath, chest heaving. Anselma ran a hand through his sweat soaked hair. "Shh, shh," she murmured. "You're safe now. You're home." Clint sagged completely against her and just breathed. Anselma began humming his favorite song again. He just listened, glad she hadn't left him alone. "Will you sing it for me?" She asked abruptly. Clint looked up at her from laying in her arms. She smiled softly down at him. "This song?" She nodded. Taking a deep breath he began to sing quietly.

"Did you write the book of love? And do you have faith in God above? If the Bible tells you so?

Do you believe in rock and roll? Can the music save your mortal soul? And can you teach me to dance real slow?

Well, I know that you're in love with him
'Cause I saw you dancin' in the gym
You both kicked off your shoes
Man, I dig those rhythm and blues" His voice rose with greater confidence.

"I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck
With a pink carnation and a pickup truck
But I knew I was out of luck
The day the music died
I started sigin'

Bye, bye Miss American pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
And them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singin' this'll be the day that I die" His voice lowered to a whisper.

"This'll be the day that I die..."

Anselma just stared at him for a while. Clint looked at the sky through the window. "You have a beautiful voice." She leaned down and kissed his temple. Clint shrugged off the compliment. "Why don't you go shower and get cleaned up?" She suggested. "The others will start getting up soon." Clint slowly sat up. "It's already that late?" He asked while standing and stretching. "You didn't fall asleep until a few hours ago." She reminded him. Clint didn't respond, instead he grabbed some clothes and moved to get ready for the day. Anselma stood and went to stare out the window. She hummed while waiting for Clint to finish.

The moment he opened the bathroom door she rushed past him. "Hey," He exclaimed. "Where's the fire?" She just laughed and pushed him out. He raised an eyebrow when she shut the door in his face.

Anselma rushed through her shower and kicked herself when she realized she didn't have any clothes to change into. "Clint!" She yelled. She could hear him laughing through the door. "Did you just notice?" Scowling she didn't answer. Clint sighed loudly before knocking on the door. "Here," he said. "Wear this." She cracked the door opened and grabbed the bundle of clothes. "Thanks Shade." He hummed in reply.

He looked up when she stepped out of the steaming room. He laughed at how she looked. She was wearing one of his button up shirts that reached her mid thigh. "Shut up. It doesn't look that bad." Clint stopped laughing and opened his bedroom door. "Go on." He said while rolling up his towel. Anselma walked out, rubbing her hair with her own towel.

Pushing the button for the elevator she screamed in surprise when Clint flicked her with the end of his towel. "Clint!" Laughing Anselma turned back and came face to face with two stunned Norse gods. "Hey!" She grinned.

They moved to give her room. She waved bye to Clint as the doors shut. Humming she slung the towel over one shoulder and began running her fingers through her hair. The doors opened to let her off on her floor. Skipping away she went to change. In moments she was joining the brothers again to head to breakfast.

"Morning!" She chirped merrily. Tony groaned into his coffee before letting his head fall onto the table with a thump. Bruce and Steve smiled as Natasha nodded. The three sat and accepted the plates Bruce offered them.

"May I ask you a question Lady Stark?" Thor rumbled as Clint walked in. He sat and kissed Anselma's cheek in greeting. Anselma smiled at Thor. "Go for it." He hesitated. "How long have Eye of Hawk and you been engaging in a physical relationship?" Everyone fell silent and turned to stare at the two of them except Tony who just ignored them. "I'm not sleeping with Clint." Anselma said, brows furrowed. "Did you not leave his room half dressed and freshly bathed this morn?" Thor asked in confusion.

Tony sat up, wide awake, and glared darkly at Clint. "She. Did. What?" He hissed. Clint raced from the room and disappeared into the vents with Tony chasing and threatening him with a spoon. Anselma laughed and explained what happened. Tony was slightly appeased but still stewed for a few hours. Although Natasha asking him "No better wake up call then a daughter sex scare huh?" might have had something to do with it.