FOUR.

chapter four
"double agent"

      "FOR THE RECORD, I NEVER doubted them

"FOR THE RECORD, I NEVER doubted them."

Lynn smiled happily as she glanced over to her boyfriend, who had ran his left hand through his gorgeously messy blonde hair that absolutely drove her nuts, where then his right hand had managed to snake in between her fingers — how was it that JJ's hand perfectly fits in mine?

After a swift bite at The Wreck, where it was actually just Lynn and Kie who had gotten food for themselves but Pope and JJ had managed to steal just enough of it from the girls for themselves. The game was afoot, trying to develop the best plan there could be in order to clear John B's name, which meant that her two best friends could finally come home.

And she couldn't be more ecstatic.

"I owe you two five bucks," Kie commented, a quite similar grin written on her pink lips than the rest of the teenagers. "Actually, I owe that money to JJ — Lynn, you eat like twenty dollars worth of food a shift."

"Hey!" Gasped Lynn, unhooking her fingers from JJ's grasp — who, by the way, instantly gruffly pouted from the loss of touch, to teasingly slap the girl, and she dramatically scoffed. "You hurt my feelings, Kiara Carrera. I'm sure your parents would ship you off to boarding school if they heard the way you bully me!"

Kie only simply rolled her eyes at her quite dramatic friend, but that didn't mean she loved her any less. The four teenagers continued their stroll to head over to the dock, because Lynn suggested that the water always clears her mind when she needs to think.

"Hey, Kiara, I do need those setups down by five!"

Both Kie and Lynn popped her heads over their shoulders at hearing Kie's parents, Mr. and Mrs. C to Lynn, call out for their daughter. Mr. C was already tracing off back towards the inside of the restaurant, where Mrs. C lingered outside, and it appeared as if she was organizing something up.

"There are other peoples that work here!" Kie snarkily replied, not even having the slightest hesitation to stop in her steps and help her mother. "Like, I don't know, little blondie over here!"

Another wild gasp escaped Lynn's throat as she was thrown straight under the bus, but it didn't seem like Mrs. C even took it into consideration, "Ain't known of 'em my children."

"I feel that — on a deep, emotional level, I understand that," Pope then quickly spoke up, and a little laugh left Lynn's mouth.

The group of Pogues had finally made it down to the little wooden dock that was just south of The Wreck, and it was Lynn's favorite place to just take a little break from the hustle and bustle of how busy it gets at the restaurant sometimes.