FIFTY ONE.

chapter fifty one
"the weather, right?"

      "GUYS, I'M HAVING SO MUCH fun right now

      "GUYS, I'M HAVING SO MUCH fun right now."

      Lynn dryly smiled in the direction of both Kiara and JJ, whom she was actually stuck in between right now. The three split teenagers had just stumbled upon the Carrera household, which once again — Lynn could compare to an actual mansion, it sure must be nice being a Kook.

      Kie seemed utterly disinterested, almost annoyed to be honest, in the endless list of Lynn's sarcastic comments the entire way over here. It was awkward, the only thing Lynn knows how to break the thick and cold ice was sarcasm — she's not the one to be blamed. She knew perfectly well that JJ would've been able to locate the wrench without her, but Sarah, along with her other best friends for that matter, just had to throw her in with the damn lions.

      Lynn crouched behind JJ as the Pogues slimly hid through the white picket fence that was wrapped around the entirety of the Carrera home, their eyes trained out just in case the adults happened to be outside. But there was no sight of them, and just very lightly, you could laughter echoing from inside the house.

      Kie seemed to understand what was going on, that her parents were perfectly okay without her in their lives, like she had never even existed in the first place. If everything wasn't so awkward and tense between the two girls, Lynn would've taken a second to comfort her — but she knew, that if she were to reach forward and even brush her fingers along Kie's arm, the brunette girl would jump from her touch.

      JJ pressed his back against the wooden fence, and was the first to break the silence since Lynn's deadend jokes, perking his eyebrows curiously towards Kie, "Are you sure you want to do this, a little Dad Theft Auto?"

      Lynn switched towards her female friend for her reaction, whose eyes hadn't even left her families house the entire time they had been standing there. Kie shook her head as she finally peeled towards her friends, "No."

      The brunette girl leaned forward then, unlocking the gate with a certain gentleness so that no type of attraction would be brought upon her. Lynn softly shut it behind her, watching Kie's every step as she entered the Carrera household. She softly sighed as she dodged down behind the gate, pressing her back just the same as JJ was doing a few feet to her left.

      For a few seconds, it was actually quiet between the two blondes. But it wasn't like how it was with Kie and her, no this silence wasn't delicate or tricky. This was with JJ, the boy whom she loved with her entire heart — she couldn't imagine being so uncomfortable with him as she is with Kie right now.

     "So..." JJ trailed while blowing out some air aimlessly, Lynn dragged her head over her shoulder to make eye contact with the boy, a single brow raised in his direction — asking, 'are you serious?' "The weather, right? Good day to surf."