FIFTY TWO.

chapter fifty two
"rip your tongue out"

      "THIS'LL ONLY TAKE A SEC, I think it's in the surf shack

      "THIS'LL ONLY TAKE A SEC, I think it's in the surf shack. Be right out."

      JJ swung open the wide car door as he darted off in an instant, his worn tennis shoes dug deeply into the muddy ground as he scattered off towards the surf shack. Lynn shook her head aimlessly, throwing her arms over her chest as she bumped her elbow into Kie beside her — she was in the passengers seat, the brunette was in the drivers.

      The Pogue group barely trusted Lynn to drive the busted version of the VW van, so there was no way Kie was allowing the blonde to drive her fathers expensive and perfect truck.

      However, what cold energy that was floating between the two females disappeared within a second as JJ tried hopping over a small bush — where it caught his foot and he was sent crumpling the ground. Lynn snorted so hard she swore she practically blew her nose out, and had to cover her lips promptly to not allow any loud fits of laughter.

      JJ jumped up from the grass without a single second of struggle, throwing his arms up in the air towards the girls awaiting him in the truck, "I'm okay!"

      "That's our idiot," Lynn chuckled while she watched through the dusty window as JJ entered the surf shack, she then switched over towards Kie for her reaction — dull, void of emotion. "Alright, spit it out. What the hell is wrong with you?"

      Kie glanced over her shoulder for a second, merely a second, before switching back to staring aimlessly out the window, muttering a weak, "Nothing."

      "There's clearly something that has your panties in a twist," Lynn replied dryly, resting her elbow on the truck's handle — she had rolled the window door the second they pulled up, her fingertips were dancing in the slight wind that had picked up. "What did I do?"

      "Don't, for one minute, think that you had any effect whatsoever on my panties," Kiara snarkily replied, and even though the sentence had been delivered with a slight venomous touch, there was amusement written in it.

     Lynn swung her head towards Kie with an infamous crooked smirk, she almost smiled, "Oh, so you'll quote our all-time favorite movie but won't let me touch you?"

      Kie rolled her dark hazel eyes, and silence filled the air for a second. Desperate for JJ to hurry up with finding that wrench so that whatever this conversation was would surely end, Kiara frantically pressed on the truck's horn, multiple times.

      "Kiara, hey," Lynn launched her hand forward, warmly placing it on top of Kie's spare palm resting on her lap — her coffee-bean brown eyes darting upwards to meet the crystal blue of Lynn's. "Just tell me what's wrong, okay? Because I've already lost JJ, and I can't possibly imagine losing you too—"