FORTY FOUR.

chapter forty four
"soulmate"

chapter forty four"soulmate"

      "ANOTHER BEER? NO WAY."

     LYNN sneered her nose in the direction of Raven, a mischief written smirk was crossing her face as she shook her head. Sure, she was still slightly high from before, and drunk from the lost count of beers, but it felt as if it was already lightening up.

      The bonfire party was thinning out as the hours had traced onwards, but that didn't mean it was still busy as hell — just now she wouldn't be running into someones shoulder every half minute. Rafe had disappeared with a few boys quite a bit ago, not that Lynn minded since she still felt pretty awkward about blurting how she apparently liked him.

      She was leading him on, and it was unfair. Just because she was so desperate to not be alone, for someone to care about her and want her. Lynn knew the next time they managed to be by themselves she was going to have to explain that, and to explain it was really all the alcohol and drugs in her system that helped slipped the words out.

      "That kind of night, huh?" Raven quipped, and Lynn shrugged her shoulders simply while squeezing through a few of the nearby teenagers on the hilltop — an overburden of just needing some space for a few minutes.

      Lynn darted towards that same rusted red colored cooler, happily diving in for a crisp, cheap beer that was practically screaming her name. She popped the tab off with ease, where it ricocheted elsewhere on the ground. As she pressed the cold front to her lips — her eyes drifted forward towards the crowd unconsciously, but they landed upon the familiar mess of blonde she once called home.

      The glass beer slipped straight through her fingertips as a swift gasp escaped her lips, the glass shattering the mere second it collided with the cement by her feet. Lynn didn't even care if she had potentially cut herself. Her eyes glossed over as she couldn't even blink, not being able to actually comprehend what was happening several feet in front of her.

      Lauren had her lips planted on JJ's.

      She felt as if JJ had broken her heart when he muttered the words that he didn't want to be together anymore, but now? Now, it was like he had just fucking yanked her heart out of her chest and threw it to the ground without a single care, stomping on it. She couldn't even move, her feet were frozen.

      Lynn had unwillingly gained a lot of the nearby teenagers attention, surely they were wondering what she was doing. Plenty of them knew the drama of the Pogue princess and prince, the breakup that the Kook king had snaked his way right in between. Two girls laughed out once they noticed her eyesight was on the fact JJ and Lauren had just kissed, even one boy let out a whistle.

      She finally stole herself back to reality, her breathing was stuck in her lungs and she felt as if her knees could collapse right then and there. Unlucky for Lynn, because of the fragmented beer she had accidentally released — she had just gained the wrong persons attention.