SEVENTY.

chapter seventy
"'til death do us part, princess?"

chapter seventy"'til death do us part, princess?"

"WE'LL FIND HIM, LYNN, I promise."

Lynn didn't even dare whip her head over her shoulders — partly, because John B had been muttering the gentle and supportive comments for the past five minutes repetitively. Along with the fact that she was running so quickly that she feared if she glanced over her shoulder, her clumsy trait would come out to play and she would land on her ass.

"How are you running so quick when you were literally shot, like, a day ago?" John B grumbled under his breathe, trying his best to stay on Lynn's heels — she had always been a better runner than him, though.

"Because we're talking about JJ," Lynn snapped, having the urge to switch over her shoulder just so John B could see the way she dramatically rolled her eyes, but decided against it. "When was the last time you saw him?"

The two Pogues had been endlessly dashing through the multitude of hallways for the past ten minutes, after locking Rafe in that technical engine room so he wouldn't be much of a problem for them later. Lynn informed John B about the fact that Sarah was already aiming for the lifeboats, but wouldn't leave without the blonde, so they needed to find the others as swift as possible.

John B then explained that the rest of the Pogues were here, Pope and Kiara, and they had an ally they found on the boat — Cleo. She remembered how fondly Sarah and John B had talked about the girl, how she apparently saved them and was responsible for their escape. She was actually fairly excited to meet the girl, but her mind was currently preoccupied with other thoughts.

Pope and Kie had managed to lock almost all of the crew members in the forward hull — that they were the ones responsible for the message she and Sarah had heard earlier. Then they would go after the cross, and they would get it on the lifeboat with them as they escaped. The plan sounded...decent, but that would only be if they had the best of luck.

And unfortunately for the Pogues, they seemed to be cursed.

"Look, why don't you meet up with Sarah at the lifeboats, I'll find JJ," Lynn demanded, swinging down a right hallway. John B was several feet behind her, but she could still hear the heavy pants echoing from his lungs. "You're just slowing me down, loser."

"I am...not that...slow," John B heaved, and this was when he finally came to a slow halt. He placed his palms on his knees, trying his best to catch up with his disappearing breath. "Okay, maybe I am."

"I got this, JB," Lynn declared firmly, she stopped in her mad-dash so that she wouldn't just leave the brunette boy in her smoke. "Find your girl, and I'll find my boy."

John B contemplated for a moment — Lynn was still acting reckless, impulsive, and he worried she would do something she would regret if they were to different ways. But she was undeniably right, splitting up and going towards the opposite sides of the ship was right. Someone needed to inform Sarah that the Pogues were here for rescue (although the two girl's seemed perfectly capable of it on their own).