THIRTEEN.

chapter thirteen
"mission successful"

      "ALRIGHT, BRO, I SEE YOU vibin' on Kie, okay?"

The two male Pogues that were standing outside the storm drain with their girl (space for Pope) friends as they were shifting through the water for the murder weapon. JJ had sparked up the conversation about Pope crushing hard on Kie, desperate for some gossip of his best friends.

"Give me the details, are we talking first base, second base, third base?" Rambled off JJ as he extended three fingers near the end of his sentence.

Pope grumbled, "Try not even in the same ballpark."

"What do you mean by that?" JJ questioned, furrowing his dark blonde eyebrows together, shaking his head off. He was trying to stay distracted, the last thing he wanted to think about was Lynn in that sewer and how worried he was for her, but he was trying his best to keep the protectiveness to a limit.

"It's like we're not playing the same game," Pope explained, but JJ still seemed utterly confused by the words. "I tried to be edgy, out-there Pope, and she didn't like that. So, I tried being straitlaced Pope, and she didn't like that!"

"I understand!" JJ exclaimed, wrapping his hands around Pope's shoulder to try to tug him out of his rambling. "Pope, think, I know you can do that, alright? Like, light some candles, put on some Otis Redding, yeah! That's what I do with Evie. My Girl is our song, bro."

Getting off topic.

"Play guitar! Play Otis Redding on guitar!" JJ pointed out, but Pope only seemed to be further confused and annoyed, deadpanning at the blonde boy he called his best friend. "When I played guitar for Eve she gave me this sweet little treat with her—"

"NO!" Pope shouted, shoving his hands up quickly to cover them. "I can't play guitar, I can't do any of those things!"

 "I can't play guitar, I can't do any of those things!"