SIXTY NINE.

chapter sixty nine
"any last words?"

chapter sixty nine"any last words?"

      "OH, EVELYNN."

      RAFE'S VOICE CAME out as a sing-song tone, like he was teasing. He had heard the girl's (Lynn and Sarah) as they ducked into this mechanical engine room. It was hardly even lit with lights, there were only scattered flashes of red from opposite sides of the room. Sure, it would make it a bit more difficult on him to figure out where exactly the girl's had hidden, but he wasn't just going to give it up.

       A few yards away from the dark blonde who had just finished climbing down the tall ladder that led to the darkly shadows of the engine room, were Sarah Cameron and Evelynn Bardot (Limbrey?). Lynn had pressed her index finger to her lips in a hushing motion, Sarah clasped her hands over her mouth to keep in her frantic breathing — Lynn worried she was going to have a panic attack.

      "I'm not surprised Sarah helped you," Rafe echoed out into the air, his eyes were scanning each individual machine, like the girl's could be perfectly crouched behind any single one of them. "You did always have a savior complex, didn't you, Sarah?"

      A little, mostly silent, whimper left the lips of Sarah. Lynn whipped her head over the huge, black tank they were hidden behind. Rafe didn't seem to hear, and was continuing tracing down the thin path that would lead to the only other exit of the room. She didn't miss the fact he had that same black handgun that Limbrey had used to shoot Renfield, and to inevitably shoot her.

      However, just as Lynn exhaled a little relieved breath at the fact that Rafe was going to indeed leave the room, he switched on his heels so he would head directly for them.

     "Fuck," Lynn whispered under her breath, she dodged her body so her back would be pressed against the tank again. She would be lucky if Rafe hadn't seen her then and there, but it was only a matter of time until he would walk right onto the two of them. She switched to Sarah, warmly placing her hands on top of both of the girls shoulders. "Sar, you have to go. I'll distract him, it's just a straight shoot towards the door then."

      Sarah shook her head almost immediately, not even give Lynn a chance to really finish her plan, she tried keeping her anger in check but it had came out as a fierce whisper-yell, "No. Fuck, no! I'm not leaving you again."

      "You have to, I don't know how to set up the lifeboat," Lynn snapped back — not anything cruel or hateful, but more of barking an order than anything else. "I'll meet you there, okay?"

      "C'mon out, Lynn."

      Sarah sighed while rolling her eyes quite literally to the back of her head, she then viciously swung her index finger into Lynn's face, "Fine, but just so you know, I'm so tired of your shit plans."