SIXTY EIGHT.

chapter sixty eight
"shit plan"

      "OKAY, LYNN, I BROUGHT US snacks and—"

Rafe Cameron stopped in his steps as he fiddled with the doorknob, the specific doorknob that was supposed to be locked. His thick eyebrows furrowed together, and he instantly swung open the door of the small room to expose there wasn't a single other person with him. His nostrils angrily flared, teeth gritted immediately.

After all he did for her, she was going to try to run?

He infuriately launched the tray of snacks — crackers, some cheese, and two water bottles, off to the side of the room. Rafe didn't even care for a second that he dinged the wall because of the strong metal the tray was made out of, nor the fact that one of the two water bottles bursted open from the sudden force.

Although, before Rafe had a true minute to let out anymore of his unjustified anger, a message echoed out from all of the intercoms in the hallway and the single one in the bedroom.

"Attention all passengers and crew, report to the tween forward hull."

It was the captain's voice, Eberhimi, Rafe had instructed him a little over an hour ago that it was best to check the ship for stowaways — more specifically, to check for the Pogues. The last thing he needed was for Lynn to just so happen to run into JJ on this damn boat, to found out he had been lying about shooting him, about killing him.

He thought, sure — she'll grieve, he was her first love and all. But Rafe would there for her, that he would be the one to scoop her up from her sorrow and take her to the beautiful shores off of Guadeloupe. It would just be the two of them, she would then understand (without the disagreeing words of the Pogues friend's) that they belonged together.

Something felt off, but hesitantly, Rafe made his way towards the tween forward hull. He figured, Lynn would've heard the announcement as well, thinking it was only logical for her to follow through.

Rafe muttered to himself, "I'll see you soon, Lynn."

"