SIXTY ONE.

chapter sixty one
"dear aunt"

chapter sixty one"dear aunt"

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT."

MUCH to her displeasure, Lynn's almost grieving moment of the fact her mother was still very much alive and out there, was interrupted as a cars reverse beeping noise echoed out in the air — it was Renfield. The man was in the drivers seat, his arm resting on the edge of his door where the window was rolled down, his head was outside as he carefully backed up into the warehouse.

The tears that were threatening in Lynn's eyes were still very much there, does this make Renfield her half-uncle? The mere thought made her want to instantly throw up what she had for breakfast, and she had to hold back her utter disgust.

Carla was her aunt, is the whole world upside down now? It sure felt it — perhaps it was opposite day. Evelynn Bardot was not Evelynn Bardot, she was Evelynn Limbrey, it felt odd to think of it. She needed more than three minutes to be able to process she'd been lied to every second of her life, but Limbrey seemed to be done with the talking of their family legacy — she barely knew a thing about her real mother.

It didn't seem like she was getting anymore time to process the details, because as soon as Renfield hopped out of the truck, he devilishly smirked towards Lynn, "You get the whole story, half-niece?"

"I wouldn't test me right now," Lynn remarked through gritted teeth, giving Renfield a half slanted glare, she truly didn't have patience right now — it probably was best for the man to just shut the hell up for once.

"Help me out, Rafe," Renfield directed, and Lynn was a mix of emotions such as being pleased that he wasn't going to push her buttons any further but also a bit disappointed that he didn't, she really needed to let off some steam right now and Renfield's face would've been perfect.

"Before we do this, I just wanna remind you of the deal, okay?" Rafe replied, but his eyes had firmly landed on Limbrey — he knew Renfield wasn't the one in charge.

Lynn's eyebrows curiously pinched together as the dark blonde boy finally shifted away from her and towards the truck — she finally realized that he had actually been holding her the entire time. Her eyes hovered from the Kook's over towards the entrance of where Renfield had just pulled in from, it was dark, she had no idea where she would run to if she had managed to get away.

"You really are your father's son, aren't you?" Limbrey acknowledged, dryly switching over towards Rafe — who had just taken a decently sized lock from hanging on the doors of the truck. Lynn was watching in anticipation, but it was more of a feared anticipation. "Talking about deals at a moment like this."

"I showed you the mural," Rafe warned, his eyebrow twitched. "I get my cut."

Lynn felt as if she couldn't have ever belonged here — whether that concluded that she didn't belong in the Limbrey family legacy, or as Rafe's potential girlfriend, or even just being labeled as Kook. She could never belong here, even if some small part of her wanted.