24.

It was the beginning of August when the twins received their letters for their last year of school. It detailed the supplies they would need for the year to come as well as other miscellaneous information.

Because it was the last year of school for the eight friends, they decided to do their shopping at Diagon Alley together.

They didn't need much, only the new textbooks for year 7, but it would still be a good last experience for all of them.

Everyone in the group was already 17, so they all apparated in an alleyway outside of the Leaky Cauldron and when everyone had arrived, they walked inside.

Sirius said hello to Tom as they walked behind the bar and Remus was the one to put in the code. Within a few seconds the bricks moved and shifted, creating a space large enough for the teenagers to walk inside.

As always, the alley was bustling with witches and wizards, more so because of the Hogwarts letters that had arrived for the newest students.

The group travelled to Flourish and Blotts first, checking their letters for what textbooks they would be needing for their N.E.W.T. classes. Peter only picked up three.

It took them a while to finally get out of the store, with the first years clogging up the isles with their unnecessary books to the large line. By the time they exited Marlene was complaining that she was hungry.

But the few teens in the group taking potions were in need of new cauldrons for their last year, so Marlene was forcefully dragged along to go buy them.

The shopping took three hours all in all, with a little time wasted by the quidditch players to look at bristles.

When they were finished, they of course had to stop at Fortescue's Four Hundred Flavours for ice cream. Alice said hello to her uncle as the others picked their flavour and enjoyed the treat.

After their shopping was done, Rose was relaxed and ready for year 7. But Lily spent everyday up and waiting for an owl.

She had been working since year 5 to become Head Girl and the letters were supposed to come any day. Rose knew her sister would get the position but Lily was sure they had given it to the prefect from Hufflepuff.

So when Rose heard a squeal from up the stairs at the end of August, she knew Lily had gotten the letter.

Lily ran down the stairs, the letter clutched in one hand and the pin in the oither. Their parents as well as Petunia, looked worriedly toward the girl.

"I did it! I got Head Girl!" Lily exclaimed, her face the definition of happiness. Rose and their parents smiled. The former ran to her sister and gave her a hug.

"See, Lil? I told you you'd get it!" She said knowingly.

William and Anne congratulated their daughter on her achievement but when they turned, Petunia was gone. Jealousy burned inside of Petunia when she heard the announcement, just another reason she was the forgotten sibling.

Lily returned to her room to write a letter of acceptance using Apollo. Rose returned to her boring summer reading, trying to get it done before the term started.

That evening, after dinner, the twins sat in the living room together, bored out of their minds. "D'you know who the head boy is?" Rose asked absentmindedly, wanting to do something.