28.

Everyone else began sitting so the new members did the same, taking seats next to each other. Rose held Marlene's hand under the table, nervous for the news to come.

It was a few seconds before Dumbledore began speaking. "Welcome, everyone. I hope you've all been safe. I'd first like to introduce you to our eight new order members. Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, James Potter, Alice Fortescue, Marlene McKinnon, Rose and Lily Evans," he explained. Each raised their hand when mentioned.

Someone immediately spoke up. "Are you sure we can trust a Black? You know where the rest of their loyalties lie," a man said, looking at Sirius cautiously.

"Hey! I've known him for eight years and I trust him with my life. He's got no ties to his parents or cousins. He's trustworthy," James said, immediately jumping to the defence of his friend.

"That's right. Sirius has no affiliation with his relatives. Please, let us not fight each other at such a dire time," Dumbledore said calmly. The others nodded and quieted themselves.

"Now, as you know, Branick and Wifflebee are out on injuries and we've been in desperate need of a medi-witch. We are filling that need. Rose Evans has shown promise as a healer and we have her lined up to travel to Italy and take the best healing course available. We just need her N.E.W.T. scores and I've put a rush on them, they should be here any day," Dumbledore began explaining. The other order members looked at Rose and some looked slightly relieved.

"As well, the ministry has given us full authorization to execute any mission we deem necessary. Soon we'll be sending some of you out to gather intel and possibly begin destroying more safe houses," this revelation made James and Sirius visibly excited.

"If you don't feel comfortable going on field missions, feel free to approach me privately. And for our new members, a few things to note. Upstairs is used for spell practice, it is equipped with fully functioning dummies. As well, we plan all of our missions there, where we can go through everything. There's food and beds up there as well," Dumbledore explained to the new 8. They nodded to show they understood.

"Ah, before I dismiss you, let's take a picture, shall we? This is an organization to remember, all of you have sacrificed so much to be here," Dumbledore said, everyone sort of laughed but nodded. They congregated in the living area of the headquarters.

Each couple stood together, James and Lily in the front, Sirius beside James. Frank and Alice stood together, smiling. Rose and Marlene held hands and smiled as the camera was set up.

Dumbledore enchanted it and got into the group with everyone else. It counted down before it flashed, capturing the all of the members, all of the wizards dedicated to taking down Voldemort.

After the picture, everyone was released. They talked and laughed, momentarily forgetting about the dark moments at hand.

"With all of that said, please stay safe and stay alert. We'll be in touch. New order members, please wait and come see me," Dumbledore said above the noise. The eight friends stayed as the rest of the adults vacated the headquarters.

When everyone else was gone, Dumbledore spoke again. "I realize I haven't explained how to communicate with your Patronus's, that is my mistake. Have you all been able to produce a corporeal Patronus?" He asked. Seven of the eight nodded, with Peter sheepishly shaking his head.