September 1976

Warnings: swearing, mentions of torture, abuse, etc....

Note: I have kept the talk about the effects of death eaters in bold, in case you're not comfortable

------------------------------------

"SIRIUS BLOODY BLACK, I COULD KILL YOU!" y/n's furious shriek could have shattered glass. Sirius practically leapt two feet off his seat.

Sirius Black had forgotten his promise.

Remus looked up in amusement.

"-Wild with something, anyway." he completed.

James guffawed, nearly choking on the Bertie Botts every flavour bean he had been chewing.

No one was happier about Remus and Sirius's reconciliation than James.

As soon as he recognised that his two best friends were no longer keeping each other at arm's length, he was grinning from ear to ear, back to his usual mischievous self. And therefore,
back to sighing over Lily Evans.

Lily entered the carriage at this point, just behind y/n, who had burst in like a maelstrom. Lily smiled at Remus and took the spare seat beside him. They both looked up to enjoy the 'show'.

"What have I done?!" Sirius asked, affronted.

"You really don't know, do you?!" y/n stood with her hands on her hips, a look of disgust on her face.

"No,  y/n just tell me what I-"

"Leakey Cauldron!" she stamped her foot

Sirius's eyes widened.

"Bugger."

"Fuck you, Black!" y/n turned and stormed back out. Sirius scrambled up to follow her down the corridor, just as the train started moving,

"Oi, n/n! wait! I'm sorry..!"

He finally caught up with her and grabbed her wrist, not letting her walk further

"y/n please, just-"

"I don't want to hear it, Black. Now let go," she said, trying to keep her temper under control.

"No, not unless you listen to me"

She turned around, looked in his eyes with a 'resting bitch face' as Marlene called it.

"Shit." Sirius' eyes widened at this, he had never seen y/n this furious.

"Go ahead then, tell me, how you managed to forget the ONE thing you had to do."

"James was supposed to remind me" he tried to defend himself.

"James?? So you can't remember the ONLY promise I asked?"

"It's not that, y/n, I got distracted-" 

"Sure you did! That maid was eyeing you like you're a pizza"

"NOTHING HAPPENED WITH THE MAID" he yelled at her. "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING"

"THEN HOW THE FUCK DID YOU FORGET"

Sirius looked at his hands and then up to y/n again, she understood what he was thinking about; realising what he did, he backed away in fear and looked down.

"DID YOU JUST FUCKING-"

Marlene walked by, scared to death. She reached the carriage,"Sirius and y/n are having a proper screaming match out there, it's mental." She looked at the people in the carriage, "What have I missed?" she said while entering the carriage.