Prologue

A little boy, with short brown hair, stared up at his sister, with scared light green eyes. He backed away from her, as she slowly began to approach him. The young girl had light but fair skin, light green emerald colored eyes, like her brother's, who looked to be about 16. She was wearing a long sleeved t-shirt and jeans. She also had long brown hair tied up in a pony tail and around her neck was a necklace in the shape of the moon in different phases. However, what stood out the most was that her feet were bare as she wasn't wearing any shoes or socks.

"Azara, can you say something? Cause that sick look is really starting to freak me out," his eyes darted towards the door, but she was blocking his only way to escape.

"You little rat!" Azara shouted as she tackled her brother. He screamed and she put him in a headlock. Her little brother squirmed trying to break out of her grip.

"Get off!" Her brother shouted. Azara smirked, tightening her hold on him.

"I told you to stay out of my room, John!"

Then her brother responded by licking her arm. Azara yelled and made a disgusted look, releasing him. Her brother quickly got up and ran out and Azara chased after him, running down the hall, and into the kitchen. A woman was cooking, as she hummed a little song. She had her brown hair tied up in a bun as she stood in the kitchen with bare feet as well.

"Mom! Mom!" her little brother called out, frantically. She turned just in time to see the two, running in.

"John? Azara? What is going on here?"

"Mom, mom! Help me!" Azara's little brother ran over to their mom, hiding behind her. "Mom, she said that she was going to beat me!"

"I did not, you little brat!" Azara defend herself.

"Azara, you do not call your brother that!" Her mom shouted. Azara frowned, making a pouted look, sticking out her lower lip.

"Well, tell him to stay out of my room! He need to respect other people's privacy!" Her brother made a smug smile as he peeked out from behind their mother.

"Yeah, I wouldn't call dancing and singing in your room to an old rickety music box, from your necklace, "private." Azara turned to her brother and growled, glaring at him. She tried to pounce on him again but her mother, held her back.

"Azara, why don't you go into the garage and grab a couple of bags of sugar and milk from the fridges?"

"But!-" Azara started to say, but her mother cut her off.

"I'm making you both your favorite," Azara's eyes lit up, happily.

"Sugar cookies!"

"Yes, now hurry up and go get them." Her mother smiled. "Your brother will help me with the other ingredients and maybe be able to lick the bowl once it's done."

"Yes!" her brother cheered.

Azara walked out of the kitchen as she headed towards the garage and opened the door. She fumbled around in the dark until she found the light switch, turning it on. The family car was sitting in the center, while a couple of tools and benches were sitting in one corner of the room, as well as a washer and dryer. However, there was another door as well.

But, it was locked.

Her brother and herself tried to get it to open, many times, while their mom were out, but it was no use. They tried picking the lock, blowing it up with some fire crackers, using a hand made key made out of soap. But, nothing worked. It was sealed shut.

She walked over the fridges and opened the doors, grabbing the milk and shut the door. Then walked over to the shelf, setting down the milk on the dryer. Azara, then, grabbed a small stool, placing it down in front of her, and reached out towards the sugar and oil. As she took them down from the shelf, something slid off as well, landing on the floor. Azara looked down and saw a strange looking key.

"Huh, a key?" She questioned as she jumped off from the stool and bent down and picked it up. "Must be a spare for all the doors in the house."

Curiously, she looked over to the locked door, and back at the key, then back towards the door. Azara walked over to it as she extended out the key. She stuck the key into the hole and turned it. Her eyes widen when she heard a click. The door swung open like a gust of wind had done it. In front of her, Azara saw colors swirling around from the door, hypnotically. Azara stepped back, nervously.

"This can't be happening," she muttered to herself. "magic is not real."

Suddenly, the wind began to pick up and started to pull Azara towards the door. She tried to fight against it, but it began pulling her harder. She tried to grab onto the hinges of the door with all of her might, trying not to get sucked in. Eventually, and slowly her fingers started to slip, one by one, and she was pulled into the door. Azara screamed and the door slammed shut, locking itself.

The key popped out of the keyhole and landed on the floor with a thud.