Chapter Twenty-Three

Everyone in the owl house were getting ready to storm the castle. Hooty swung open the door and flew in.

"Hey, just wanted to give you guys a heads up," the owl told everyone. "The back ups that you called are here!"

"Who did you call?" Hunter asked Eda and Luz. Amity suddenly rushed in and hugged Luz.

"I'm here! I'm here! Are you alright?" Amity exclaimed worried. "Are you hurt?! You just told me to rush over here with no explanation! I thought that something bad happened to you!" Luz smiled.

"Yeah, I wished that you should have seen the look on mitten's face," A teenage girl and boy, that were twins, walked in. They both had green hair, wearing blue illusion coven uniforms, and both had a mole on different side of their faces. The girl had long hair tied in a ponytail while her brother had short hair. They were Amity's older sister and brother, Emira and Edric. Amity's face turned completely red, blushing. She quickly turned around, narrowing her eyes at them.

"I wasn't THAT worried," she defended herself. Edric laughed.

"Really? From what I recall, you almost ran into several trees on the flight over here," he said, amused. "You were like, "I can't stop, not when MY Luz is danger!" He finished and laughed. Emira did as well, laughing with him. Amity huffed, holding in her breath, angrily, before she almost got dizzy and passed out.

"I'm fine, Amity. I'm sorry that I called so suddenly with no explanation," she told Amity. "It's Azara. She's been captured and we're staging a rescue! At midday, we storm the castle."

Then an older woman with short poofy hair walked in with a large hawk staff walked in, along with Lilith, Willow and Guz, who glared at Hunter as soon as he saw him when he walked in.

"I'm sorry about before," Hunter apologized.

"Save it, what's done is done," Guz said. "After this, we get the Galderstones back."

"It's a deal," Hunter agreed.

"I heard from Edalyn that you were planning to attack the castle," Eda's mother smirked. "When do we start?"

"Soon," Luz told her. Jewel chirped and flew over to Gwendolyn, who caught the blue jay as it landed in her hand. "Who made this little one?" she smiled, petting it.

"She's Zara's palisman," Eda told her.

"Really? Lilith had told me that more humans, besides Luz, are here in the Boiling Isles, when she came to visit. Still, it's an unusual choice for a palisman," Gwendolyn commented.

"What do you mean by that?" Hunter asked.

"Well, bird palismans are mostly sort of a Clawthorne thing," she explained to Hunter. Lil rascal chirped and Hunter looked at him, thinking.

"Okay, enough talking! Let's get Azara back!" King shouted.

As the sun began to drop, the moon was also in the sky as well half-way close to merging. Everyone quietly walked inside of the castle, walking inside while wearing their cloaks, hoods covering their faces. To everyone's decision, they left John back at the owl house with Hooty for his safety as it was too dangerous. Jewel and Lil rascal were hiding inside of Hunter's cloak, while Owlbert was hiding in Eda's. Lilith, Gwendolyn, the Blight twins, Guz and Willow stayed back as part of the distraction. They saw some of the guards as well as citizens from Bonesborough walking inside, heading to the stadiums. Some waited outside watching the projection screen conjured up by magic.

Everyone quietly took their seats when suddenly they heard the crowd went silent. The coven heads were in a circle, standing in front of a podium that had inserts for each coven's symbols for their necklace. In the center was the portal door, reconstructed and fixed.