Chapter Twenty-Five

Hunter flew with Azara, who had been silent the entire time. He shot glances down at her every now and then, worried. What could he say? The two of them both saw her mother get killed in front of their eyes. He had no experience with these type of things.

"A-Azara, are you okay?" he asked her, worried. Jewel chirped on her shoulder, worried as well.

"I'm fine." she quietly told them, not looking at either of them.

Soon, they caught up to the others as they landed in front of the owl house. The two hopped off from the red cardinal palisman and it transformed back. Hooty saw them as the group arrived, calling out to them.

"Hey, guys, your back and you got Azara! That's great! Everyone's back safe and sound!" Hooty smiled. Azara's eyes widened a little as she tensed up, looking down at the ground. The air went dead silent as nobody said a word. Luz shifted her gaze over at Hunter and Azara, focused on her, concerned.

"What's with the look everyone? Your acting like somebody died!" Hooty smiled.

"Hooty! Not right now. Now's, not a great time for jokes." Eda frowned. The owl beast shot her a confused look before looking over at Azara. What happened?

"Oh, there's a visitor for you, King! It's your dad!" King's eyes widened in surprise as did everyone else, seeing Oberon stepped out as Hooty opened the door, revealing himself. King jumped down from Eda and ran over to him, tackling right into his arms.

"Dad!" He cried out, happy to see him.

"Hello, little one. I'm glad to see that your safe." the creature replied softly with a small smile.

"Why are you here?" Eda asked.

"I saw the entire thing, what happened at the castle, while it was being broadcasted." He explained and looked over at Raine, who was still unconscious in the blight twins arms. He walked over to them, standing in front of Raine. He looked down at the witch's coven mark, seeing the vines of magic that was paralyzing them. He lifted Rain's wrist and tapped the brand with his finger as it was glowing. Eda narrowed her eyes at him, wary.

"Wait, what are you doing?" she questioned.

"Fixing your friend." King's dad assured her. Everyone's eyes widened in shock to see the vines that were encasing Raine, retreated back into the coven brand, releasing the witch from it's spell. Adding more to their shock, they also saw the mark, fade completely from Raine's wrist. Raine groaned as they slowly opened their eyes, seeing everyone in front of them then looked over at Eda.

"Hey, dingus..." Raine smiled softly. "What's with the sad look on your face? It doesn't suit you. I thought that you were tougher than that."

Eda teared up and immediately ran over to the witch bard, throwing her arms around them. "Raine!" They hugged her back.

Everyone watched, smiling happily, at them.

"What's going on?" Azara tensed up as she heard her brother, John, seeing him standing by the door. He noticed her and smiled and ran over to her and Hunter, hugging her. "Azara! You're back! You're okay! I was so worried!" Azara flinched, tensing up a little as he hugged her, then she quickly returned it. How was she going to tell him?

"I'm glad to see that you're okay." she smiled. "I'm fine." Hunter frowned, looking at her worried.

John pulled back, looking at her. "When are we going back home? I miss mom." Azara's eyes widen a little more, before she bit her bottom lip. She felt her eyes starting to burn as she wiped them. She had to tell him. She had to tell him the truth.

"Azara?" John looked at her, turning his head, confused. "What's wrong?"

Azara sighed and placed her hands on Johns shoulders, looking into his eyes. "John,...we can't see mom anymore."