Chapter Four

Hunter walked into his room, closing the door behind him. Lil' rascal flew out from his cloak, landing on Hunter's bed. Hunter headed over to his bed and sat down, laying back onto it. He couldn't get Azara out of his mind. The more he tried, the more she appeared. She was certainly interesting, for a human. He thought that it was strange that she could do magic, just by using her hands. Only a witch can do that, but she was a human. How could that be? That human's magic was different, unlike that other human called Luz, who could only use glyphs for magic.

Hunter sighed. She was strangely endearing, for a human that is. He heard Li'l rascal make a small chirp. Hunter turned his head slightly, to see the cardinal staring at him and made another chirp. Did this bird make him go to her for a reason? Hunter groaned in frustration, looking away.

It didn't matter anyway. He wasn't going to see her again.

As Azara got further and further away from the castle, as she ran soon finding herself deep in the woods. Azara began to slow down, starting to walk. She couldn't stop thinking about Hunter. She couldn't stop thinking about his eyes. Those eyes of his were beautiful, just like him. Then Azara stopped when she realized that she was humming. Her eyes widen. She shook her head.

No! Azara, get a hold of yourself. You can't fall in love with the first guy that you see! You don't even know a single thing about him! She told herself and sighed.

Then she heard something nearby, that sounded like music playing. Azara headed closer towards the sound, she recognized that it was a violin playing. It sounded so melodic and harmonious but also sad as well.

As she got got closer, she saw what appeared to be a man but he also appeared feminine as well, who was sitting on a stump. Their eyes were closed as they continued to play the violin, not noticing Azara. They appeared to be middle aged, brown skin and light mint green hair, darker green eyebrows and green eyes. They were also wearing round glasses, a grey striped earring on their right ear, a black tunic with a maroon collar with a gold trim and three gold buttons, brown belt and crimson pants and black knee high boots. They were also wearing the same white cloak as the emperor's coven and seal.

Azara's eyes widen and she quickly hid behind a tree, as soon as she saw the seal. The witch continued to play their song. She sighed in relief. Good, they haven't noticed her.

Azara leaned against the tree beside her as she listened to the witch's song. Soon enough, she also began humming to the music singing along. Suddenly, the music stopped abruptly as it stopped playing.

"Seems, like I got an audience," Azara tensed up as she heard them speak. "Come on out." She stepped out from behind the tree, revealing herself to the witch.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. That was a beautiful song," she told them.

"It's called Raine's Rhapsody," the witch explained to her as they introduced themselves. "My name is Raine Whispers."

"I'm Azara."

"Well, Azara, how about a little song?" Raine asked.

"You're kidding right? You want to hear me sing?" Azara asked in disbelief.

"It wouldn't hurt to try," Raine smiled as he placed his violin on his shoulder, getting ready to play.

"Okay, but you better not laugh," Azara said to him. "Or I'm going to hit you." Raine laughed.

"Funny, you remind me of an old friend of mine that I knew a long time ago."

Azara started to sing as the music box from her necklace started to play. Raine played their instrument, matching with her voice. But, as she was singing, Azara's necklace began to illuminate, as she did.