Chapter Eight

"Azara, they're still chasing us!" John shouted.

"Okay, we gotta lose these, bozos," Azara murmured. She bent down and picked up some sticks and tossed one two her brother. "John, help me draw a circle."

John stared at her, confused and completely lost. "I don't-"

"There's no time, hurry!" Azara urged him. She and John quickly started to draw a large circle in the dirt. John saw Azara drew draw in a strange symbol in the center as she finished. She got up and pulled him over to the bushes and hid. "When I give the signal, slam your hand on the spell circle."

"Azara, this is crazy! Magic is not real!" John yelled. Azara covered his mouth, telling him to be quiet. Footsteps got closer as Kikimora and the coven scouts approached, along with the two abomatons. The searched the area as they looked around trying to find Azara and John.

"Where are you, you brats!?" Kiki shouted,

"Right here!" Azara shouted and she and John rolled out from from the bushes and slammed their hands on the spell that was drawn on the ground.

"Huh?" Kiki screamed when a bright blinding light blinded her and the coven scouts. John stood in shock as he stared in awe and disbelief at what he had witnessed. He just did magic!

"Whoa," he replied, speechless.

"Yeah, cool! Magic! Time to go!" Azara quickly replied then dragged and pulled John away from the coven group before they noticed them.

The two of them arrived at the owl house and Azara opened the door while Hooty greeted her and she walked inside. She saw Luz sitting in the couch, waiting. Luz looked up, noticing Azara as she walked in.

"Azara, you're back!" Luz smiled walking over to her. Azara smiled back at her.

"Yeah, and I'm not alone as well," she told Luz. Luz saw a small boy hiding behind Azara and gasped.

"Is this your brother?" Luz asked, surprised. "How?"

"Long story short, he found the key and ended up here and is stranded the same way as I am," Azara explained. John came out from behind Azara then noticed King as he walked into the living room.

"Doggy!" John exclaimed, his eyes beaming happily. King's eyes widened as he saw the little boy run over to him and picked him up, squeezing him.

"Weh! No! Not again!" King shouted, as he tried to escape out of John's arms. Luz and Azara laughed as they watched the two. Then Luz turned to Azara, looking at her.

"Azara, I want to apologize for the way that I acted," she told her. Azara's eyes widened in surprise.

"You don't need to, Luz," she replied.

"Still, it's no excuse, for what I did," Luz shook her head. "Although, I am surprised, I'm also happy that your mastering the spells so quickly. If you want to continue, I'd like to teach you another spell?"

"I'd love to, but after the day I had today I need some rest," Azara smiled, tiredly. Luz raised her eyes at this in concern.

"What happened?" Luz asked.

"Well, I met someone and had a nice talk with them," Azara blushed. "Although, he sounded sad, lost, and confused with his life. I just hope that my words got through to him." Luz noticed and smirked.

"Ooh, is it somebody that I know?" She teased. Azara's face turned even more redder. "I'm not going to tell you!"

Luz gasped. "Is it a BAD boy?!"