Chapter Twenty -Two

Azara groaned and opened her eyes. Her body felt like it was on fire, completely sore all over. How long had she been out? Did Hunter manage to escape? How was Jewel? Her brother? She slowly sat up and looked around to find out that she was in a prison cell. Azara looked down to also see that her hands were bound with spell enchanted mittens, making her unable to cast any spells. Her eyes widen as soon as she saw that she wasn't alone. Across from the room from the cell from hers was Raine. Azara tried to call out to them, but received the same response as they did with Eda, no answer. Raine was still in a trance bound by their coven mark.

Suddenly, Azara stopped when she heard the door creak open as someone walked in. She quickly ran back and laid back down on the ground with her back facing the door, pretending to sleep. She heard the footsteps stop at her door and they opened it, walking into her cell. Azara felt her heart drop as she heard a click as they locked the door behind them. Soon she felt her heart began to beat faster as the footsteps started to inch closer to her until she saw that they were standing right behind her as their shadow towered down over her. Azara's breath caught in her throat, seeing that it was Belos.

"You can stop your silly game, human," Azara nearly jumped at the sound of the emperor's voice as he spoke. "I know that you're awake." Azara slowly got up and turned around, looking directly at the emperor, who's glowing blue eyes stared down at her.

"Why am I here?" Azara demanded.

"You are going to help me with the Day of Unity in reviving the Titan," Belos said. "As long as your here, Hunter will be coming. Then he can make himself useful to me."

"You stay away from him!" Azara hissed, angrily. "What do you mean reviving the Titan? I don't have the power to do that!" Azara froze when she heard Emperor Belos let out an eerie chuckle.

"Tell me, Azara. Do you know why you can do magic using spell circles in thin air?" He asked, his hands folded behind his back.

"I don't know! I guess I'm just lucky and it's not just spell circles, I draw glphys too!" Azara shrugged.

"But, do you know why?" He said. "It means that you are a witch, half a witch to be exact." Azara felt her blood run cold at his words. Half a witch? She wasn't entirely human but half a witch as well? Meaning, her brother, John was half a witch as well. But, that can't be. Both mom and dad were human...weren't they? Azara shook her head, narrowing her eyes at Belos.

"You're lying!" she shouted.

"Am I? Then, tell me, did you find it strange that you suddenly came into this world with another portal door that is only from this realm? That you could cast spells that not just any normal human can do? Did your spells ever come out more powerful than your other little human friend?" Azara went silent, not answering. Belos hummed in confirmation.

"You know that I am right," he told her. "Why deny it any longer?" Azara glared up at him.

"Whatever you're planning, you can forget it," she said, defiantly. "I won't help. I won't do it!"

"Oh?" Belos made an empty wicked laugh which sent chills through Azara's body. "I never said that you had a choice." Azara saw Belos conjured up his artificial staff. He raised a finger and red magic engulfed Azara lifting her up from off of the floor. Her back smacked against the wall, holding her in place. Azara felt her nerves sent waves of pain all throughout her pain. She struggled as she tried to move, but her body wouldn't respond.

"W-Why are you doing this?!" she gasped.

"It is the will of the Titan," he told her, but stopped when he heard Azara laugh. "Is there something funny that I should know about?"

"You are being used," Azara smirked. "Don't you know that The Titan is just using you as a puppet."

"That is where you are wrong," Belos replied. "The Titan and I came to an agreement."

"And what's that?" Azara questioned.

"The Titan is using my body as a vessel in exchange for bring my brother back," he explained. "Then we can finally leave this wretched place."

"Your brother?" Azara pondered. "Are you insane? You're letting the Titan use your body, to control you?"

"He doesn't have control," Belos told her. "They simply want to leave this place as well."

"But, if you do that, then all of magic would be destroyed! The magic is connected to the Titan!" Azara warned him. "What about everyone living on the it?!"

"It'll be a price to pay. If it will stop my curse then so be it. However, it doesn't matter telling you any further, considering that you will probably won't survive the Titan's resurrection," Belos told her.

"I already told you that I'm not doing it!" Azara shouted. Suddenly, appearing within a flash, Belos was right in Azara's face.

"I see that there's no other choice," he murmured. Azara's eyes widened in horror as she saw Belos' hands reach out towards her before grabbing her face.

"W-What-What are you doing?!" Azara cried out as she felt Belos fingers digging into her cheeks, hard, making her look at him. Both of Belos' eyes glowed electrifying blue, under his mask, until green smoke came pouring out of them, making contact into hers. Azara struggled to break out of his grip and magic hold on her, but to no avail.

All she could do was scream.

Landing right in front of the owl house, Hunter ignored Hooty greeting him and slammed open the door. Everyone was already up and saw him storming inside as he did.

"Geez, hoot hoot, what's the rush?" Hooty asked, a little frustrated. Luz noticed that Hunter had a troubled look on his face, more like terrified.

"Hunter, have you seen Azara?" she asked. "She's not here and neither was you when we got up."

"There's no time to explain! We need to go now!" Hunter cried out. "I need your help!"

"Slow down, what happened?" Eda asked.

"Azara's been captured!" Hunter exclaimed. Everyone in the room went silent, staring at him in shock. Lil rascal saw Jewel, still sitting where he left her and flew off from Hunter's shoulder, over to her. The two chirped silently, as Lil' rascal explained to Jewel, telling her what happened to her owner. Hunter shook his head, gripping his hair in frustration. "It's all my fault! Who knows what uncle is doing to her?! I should have never left her!" Eda walked over to him, placing her hands on Hunter's shoulders, trying to calm him down.

"Kid, you've been a pain in the butt since you've been here," she told him. "But, Azara and Luz both saw something in you that they fought hard for. Whatever you need, we'll help." Hunter stared at everyone in surprise, who were willing to help him.

"If we're going to do this," He smiled. "We're going to need a lot more."