Chapter Fifteen

Hunter was now sitting on the couch in the living room, along with everyone else while he explained to them the whereabouts of Raine. Lil Rascal was sitting on top of Hunter's head sleeping in his hair.

"From what I've heard, the traitor-" Hunter paused, realizing what he had said. Eda glared at him, narrowing her eyes. Hunter swallowed nervously, before continuing. "Uh, Raine Whispers is being held in the deepest part of the conformatorium. It will be heavily guarded and not easy to get into."

"Well, they've never met a witch like me," Eda remarked. "How do we get in?"

"There's a secret entrance in the sewers that will take us directly under the prison. Hopefully, we'll be able to get in unnoticed by the guards and securities." Hunter explained. The crystal ball that was sitting on the table, suddenly came on. Everyone watched and saw Kikimora as she appeared on the screen giving an announcement.

"It is with a heavy great heart to inform you all that our beloved, golden guard, has betrayed the emperors coven. Emperor Belos has ordered a bounty for his capture and return,...alive. Anyone who has seen this boy, inform us and you will be handsomely rewarded beyond your dreams. The bounty is at $5,000,000 for anyone who turns him in." Kikimora stated as she finished. "On another note, you may say hello to the emperor's new right hand, I, Kikimora!-" Hunter knocked the crystal ball off the table and it rolled on the floor.

"Hunter, it's going to be okay," Azara assured him.

"How is this okay?!" Hunter shouted. "I've been replaced!"

"What else is new?" Eda shrugged. "That's what the Emperor's coven does, find use for you then toss you away after you given them what they want. Now, back to the plan on how to save Raine?"

"Don't you understand? I've been replaced!" Hunter shouted.

"We heard you the first time, kid. No need to say it over and over like a broken record," Eda said. "Think of it as a good thing. You're free now. A wild witch like the rest of us, always on the run!"

"This is not making me feel any better," Hunter commented.

Suddenly, the front door opened and Amity quickly, rushed in. "Luz? Are you here? I got your call! What's the emergency? What can your awesome girlfriend do to help-" Amity froze and stopped when she saw Hunter sitting on the couch. He froze as soon as he saw her come in. Amity glared at him and made abomination goo float beside her, ready to attack. Luz quickly jumped in front of her, stopping her.

"Amity, there's no need to do that!" Luz said. "Hunter's on our side now!"

"I find that very hard to believe," Amity replied.

"It's true. I'm not with the coven anymore," Hunter replied. "Not after what I've found out what Belos was planning to do with me."

"And that would be?" Amity asked, still wary.

"He wants my body as a new vessel for himself, to help sustain his life." Hunter explained.

Amity sighed, dropping the goo back into her container. "Fine," Amity turned back to Hunter, narrowing her eyes at him. "But, I still don't trust you! That was my mistake last time when we met. I'm watching you. If you make any wrong move, I won't hesitate to stop you." Hunter gulped and slowly nodded his head.

"Let's go get some supplies for the jailbreak," Luz smiled, leading Amity away, walking out of the room. Eda, and King followed with them to help, leaving Azara and John alone with Hunter.

"While they're doing their own thing, let's check and change your bandages," Azara told Hunter motioning him to turn around.

"It doesn't hurt as much as it did earlier," he told her.

"Still I want to check and be sure," Azara replied. Hunter turned around and Azara undid the bandages until they were off. She froze at what she saw. John's eyes widen in surprise as well. The wound had completely shrunk down barely even noticeable now, only a small scratch that will eventually leave a scar. It was almost completely healed up. That was impossible...

"Is there something wrong?" Hunter asked. Azara shook her head, breaking out of her shock.

"Your wound is almost healed up," Azara told him. "There's almost no trace of it left." Hunter's eyes widened in shock. Come to think of it, he had always been a fast healer. But, with an injury like that, it would take more than just two days to completely heal up. He couldn't believe it.

"So, are you my sister's boyfriend?" John asked, completely out of the blue. Hunter's and Azara's eyes widen in surprise, either of them unsure of what to say. Azara silently glared at her brother, wishing that he would shut up. "Well, are you?"

"Uh," Hunter stammered. "We're not. I'm not-"

"John, we're just friends, that is all." Azara finished for him. John raised an eyebrow in suspicion.

"You two are awfully close than being "just friends." He pointed out. Azara's eye began to twitch in annoyance. Before she could say anything to him, Luz, Eda, Amity and King walked back into the room, carrying some sacks. The three saw that the bags were moving as something was squirming and hissing around inside.

"What are in those?" Hunter asked.

"Well, if we run into trouble with some of the guards," Luz smirked. "Let's just say they're in for a nasty surprise!"

"I can't wait to see the looks of terror and fear on their faces once we unleash them!" King said excitedly. "It'll probably give them nightmares for weeks!"

"Want to hear my worst nightmare!?" Hoot asked, busting open the door letting himself in. Hunter nearly jumped out of his skin, startled, as he saw the owl beast come zooming in.

"No, we don't have time Hooty," Luz told him. "Maybe later when we get back."

"We're all set," Eda smiled. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah," Hunter nodded, getting up, following the group as they were starting to leave. Azara stood up as well as John.

"And where do you think you are going?" Azara asked, stopping him.

"I'm going to help bust out Raine!" John told her.

"No, you're not, you're staying here," Azara told him.

"Oh come on!" John exclaimed. "This isn't fair!"

"Too bad," Azara replied. "You're still staying here. Hooty keep an eye on him."

"Yes, ma'am!" Hooty saluted.

"I mean it, you can't turn your back on him not even for a second," Azara told the owl beast. She turned back to her brother.

"We won't be gone long," she told him. "So, play some games with Hooty in the meantime, keep each other busy." She left , following after the others closing the door behind her, leaving John and Hooty alone inside. John crossed his arms, pouting. It wasn't fair! He was never allowed to do anything! Now, he was stuck inside this house with nothing to do with this annoying owl beast!

"You know, I wish I can turn myself invisible," Hooty smiled. "Then I can go anywhere I want! All sneaky and quiet. Nobody will ever notice I'm there!" John's eyes widen. Wait a minute, there was a spell that he saw when Luz was explaining the basics to him. An idea began to form in his head. He can turn himself invisible then he can help Azara save Raine! John drew the disappearing spell on a sheet of paper and chuckled mischievously, placing it on him. Hooty was still talking to himself, not noticing what was happening as John vanished, holding in his breath. The front door opened and closed. Hooty stopped when he noticed that he was alone.

"Hello? Are we playing a game?" Hooty asked, receiving only silence in response. "Where'd you go? Hoot! Hoot! Anyone?"

A fly flew right into Hooty's range of vision and he noticed it becoming more fixated on it. Then he chased after it trying to eat it.