Chapter Five

Azara groaned as she walked through the front door. She was covered in mud, feathers, twigs and dirt. Her hair was a mess and all over the place, as her ponytail was becoming undone, hanging down from her face. She shivered in disgust feeling the cold mud slid down from her arms and legs.

"I'm never cleaning Hooty, again." She cringed from the memory.

It was dead early in the morning, the sun was about to rise. I'm front of the owl house, Azara was holding a cloth in her hand. She was trying to clean up the owl beast, but Hooty was making it difficult. He laughed as he rolled himself in the mud and splashed some on Azara as she tried to catch him.

"Hooty, stop!" She shouted.

Eventually, she managed to grab him, but Hooty quickly extended his long neck, rocketing Azara into the air, failing her about like a rag doll. She screamed as she tried to hold on while Hooty smashed through trees, baffled into bushes, then back to rolling in the mud again.

Hooty smiled as he hovered over Azara's shoulder looking at her. "That was fun!"

"NO! There was nothing fun about that!" She shouted, pushing his face away from her. "You deranged bird worm!"

Then Azara smelled an irresistable aroma that made her stomach growl. She hadn't eaten anything since yesterday when she came to this world. She was starving! Her stomach let out a growl. She walked into the kitchen, while Eda was busy looking at her phone. On the stove was a pot that Eda was cooking for breakfast. Inside was some kind of strange stew. It had a yellow liquid to it, and a little chunky, and also it looked like there was something swimming in it.

"So hungry," Azara said as she picked up a spoon and dipped it into the pot, scooping up a bit of the stew. "Ooh, It guess one bite wouldn't hurt." She brought the spoon to her mouth, while Eda walked in.

"Kid, what are you doing in here?" Her eyes widen and gasped when she saw Azara was near the stove. She quickly ran over to her. "Spit that out! Your human body can't handle our type of food." Eda shouted. "It's poisonous!" Azara turned to Eda with the spoon still in her mouth, with wide eyes. It was too late. She had already swallowed some.

"Uh, too late." She smiled, nervously. Eda walked over to her placing her hands on Azara's shoulders with a worried look in her.eyes.

"How do you feel?" She asked. "Nauseous? Any indigestion?" Azara stared at Eda, confused.

"I feel fine," she told her as she tried to reassure her. Eda frowned, staring at Azara with a suspicious look. The first time Luz tried to eat food from this world, she puked her guts out for a couple of days. Her stomach couldn't handle their food. So it was hard to find something in this world that she could eat and something that didn't disgust her or had a face on it. Eda stared at Azara with more confusion. So, how could this human can?

"Hey, it's that witch from before!" Eda snapped out of her thoughts to see Azara pointing at her phone that had Raine's initiation video on it.

"You know, Raine?" Eda asked, surprised.

"Yeah, I ran into them on my way back here. They were very nice," She told her. "Kind of a dork, but nice."

"Yes, they are." Eda smiled, her cheeks turning a little red. Azara noticed that Eda was acting strangely, well stranger, than her usual self. Did she like or know this person before?

"Eda, are you blushing? Do you know them?" Azara asked in a teasing tone of voice. Eda's eyes widened.

"No! And that's none of your business," Eda told her. "Come on, we got to get you some outfits to help fit in more around here."