Chapter Thirteen

Belos stood in front of Hunter as he looked down at him. He was wearing his golden mask and robes. "Hunter..." he said. "I see that you have completed your mission, successfully, this time. Good job." Hunter looked up at him with disbelief.

"Is that really all you have to say?" he asked.

"Is there something wrong?" Belos asked.

"I'll tell you what's wrong," Hunter got up and walked over to the table, picking up the book and tossed it down. The book landed on the floor, right at Belo's feet. "What is this? Why does this book have an image that looks like me on it!?"

"Hunter, come with me to the throne room and I'll explain everything," Belos said. "Just the two of us." He tried to reach out to Hunter, but Hunter pulled away from him.

"Why should I believe anything you say? You've been lying to me my entire life?!" Hunter shouted, angrily.

"Hunter..."

"No! This time you are going to listen to me! I trusted you! I looked up to you!" Hunter yelled. "I gave everything for you! How could you do this to me!?"

"ENOUGH!" Belos roared out loudly. Hunter went silent. Fear began to slowly rise throughout his entire body as he saw Belos began to inch closer to him, Hunter backed up slowly with each step. He had to get away. Away from this place. Away from him.

"You dare raise your voice to me, boy!" Belos snapped. "I gave everything to you and this is how you repay me, with disloyalty?" Hunter turned his head away from him. Belos gripped Hunter's cheeks with his hand, making him look at him. "You want answers so badly, I'll give them to you." He released Hunter, who stepped away from him, but backed into the table behind him.

"You weren't born, Hunter, but created. Your purpose is to be a vessel, as a new body for me. Just as the Titan had planned."

"You crazy if you think that I'm going to let that happen," Hunter narrowed his eyes, angrily glaring up at him. "Just because you claim that it is the "Titan's will." Belos turned his head then he let out a dark chuckle and laughed.

"Oh? And where do you think that you will go? You have no one to turn to. You have no friends, no family..." he asked. "Eventually, you will come back to me."

"My liege, I have returned," Kikimora interrupted as she walked down the stairs, but stopped when she saw Belos and Hunter. She narrowed her eyes, glaring viciously at Hunter before turning to Belos. "And I have some good news as well that I think that you will be very happy to-"

"This is not a good time, Kiki," Belos cut her off, not even looking at her. Kikimora's eyes widen and let out a growl.

"It's not fair!" she shrieked. "Why does the golden guard get special treatment!? I've done everything just as much as he did! I have brought you more of the Galderstones that you needed!" She dropped them down on the floor in front of her. Belos glanced down at the stones, then to her. "I've never asked you to do so in the first place." Kikimora stepped back away from him, a little stunned by his response before she made a wicked evil smile.

"Well, did you know how he got one in the first place?" she asked. "The golden guard's being lying to you the entire time. He's being holding a palisman from you!" Hunter's eyes widen in horror. He could feel Lil rascal, shaking underneath his cloak. Belos quickly snapped his head back towards Hunter.

"You say that I've being lying?" Belos chuckled. "Should I say the same for you?" Hunter moved away from him but, couldn't go anywhere as he was stuck in a corner.

"Give it to me, now, Hunter" Belos demanded, holding his hand out towards Hunter. Hunter shook his head, his hands were starting to shake. Fear and panic began to pulse through his entire body.