Chapter Thirty-One

Everyone went to prepare for the upcoming fight. Amity left with her twin brother and sister to warn their parents about Belo's plan and figure out a way to deal with the abomatons. Willow and Guz left to gather any more support to help, starting with the students at Hexside, who weren't in a coven yet. Luz, Eda, and Azura were helping the witch apprentice with her palisman that she had finally decided on to make. Del and Gwendolyn, along with King and Oberon and Raine, were talking with Lilith on how to get to Belos while also dealing with some of the coven scouts and any of his supporters.

Hunter was sitting down with a set of tools near him that he asked Eda if he could borrow, who brought it up from the basement. In his hands was Azara's necklace. He was trying to fix and repair it, if they were to have any chances against his uncle. The gears and screws were scattered on the floor as he tried to place each one back into place. Lil Rascal and Jewel chirped often to help him, while handing Hunter some of the tools that he needed.

"Need some more help?" Hunter jumped, startled by John's voice. He was so focused on fixing Azara's necklace that he didn't notice or even hear her little brother, who was sitting next to him.

"Uh, sure." Hunter replied, softly, then went back to working on the necklace.

"So, you live in a castle right? Does that mean that you're a prince?" John asked him as he handed Hunter a wrench that he needed. Hunter paused for a moment then answered him.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" He questioned her brother. Hunter heard him giggle.

"I can't believe that my sister fell in love with an actual prince. That only usually happens in fairy tales." John said. "Although, mostly they usually turn out grim at the end." Hunter's eyes widened a little disturbed.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Well, there's several made by The Grimm Brothers. Like, the little mermaid, where Ariel trades her voice for human legs to a sea witch so she can be with her true love, the prince. But, she only had a few days to get him to fall in love with her or she will be turned into sea foam. Only to find out the prince was marrying another girl who he thought saved him from drowning. The mermaid's sisters each traded their hair to the sea witch so that they can save their sister, giving her a dagger. The only way that she can be saved was to kill the prince. But, she loved him so much that she sacrificed herself."

Hunter cringed after hearing what Azara's little brother told him. His story was not too different. Caleb and Philip would definitely fit with the Grimm brothers, whoever they were. "Okay, I get your point. But, I'm not going to let anything happen to Azara. I love her."

"I know and she loves you too. I'm glad that she has someone like you." John smiled.

"And she's glad to have a brother who cares about her." Hunter said to him.

"I wouldn't mind having a brother like you." John told him. Hunter's eyes widened before he made a small smile. Then the two paused when they heard a small tune coming from the music box in the necklace. Their eyes widened as they heard the music playing more clearer now and out of tune. It was fixed!

"Yes!" Hunter cheered.

"You did it!" John exclaimed.

"What you talking about? WE did it." Hunter corrected. Lil Rascal and and Jewel chirped happily as they flew in celebration.

"Did what?" The two heard Eda's voice ask. They turned around to see the owl lady, Azara and Luz, as the three walked into the room. John ran over to them.

"It's fixed! Mom's necklace is fixed!" He shouted, happily. Hunter walked over to them and held out the necklace to Azara. Her eyes widened in surprise. It looked completely new, like it was never broken. She smiled and took it from Hunter then quickly pounced Hunter with a hug, wrapping her arms around him.

"Thank you!" she cried. Hunter cheeks turned red as did his ears, blushing.

"Well, we're going to need this if we're going to have any chance of winning against Belos." He replied. Azura pulled away from him.

"Can you help put it on for me?" she asked him. She turned around and lifted her hair up and Hunter placed the necklace around her neck, tying it. Azura looked down, holding the necklace in her hand, smiling. Hunter smiled as well, glad to see her more happier again. Suddenly, the two saw everyone in the room staring at them with smug looks. Hunter and Azara both blushed at the unwanted attention that they were getting.

"S-So, what did you decide on making?" Hunter quickly asked Luz, turning to her. Everyone heard a bird chirping and saw a blue jay fly through the door behind Eda and Luz, landing on the apprentice's shoulder.

"What are you going to call it?" John asked her.

"Crystal." Luz replied.

Hooty slammed opened the door. "Hey, there's a whole lot of people out here to see you guys!"

Everyone stepped out to see Amity, along with the blight twins, with Alador and his wife Odalia. Willow and Guz had recruited all of the students at Hexside and Principle Bump. Finally an army to stand a chance. Hooty made himself portable and attached himself to a back pack, strapping himself onto Lilith. Del, Gwendolyn, Lilith, King and Oberon were telling everyone about the plan, explaining it to them. John came up with an idea to combine potions with different glpyhs, creating the first alchemy.

Hunter noticed that Azara looked more tense and nervous than before.

"Are you okay?" he asked her.

"No, I'm worried about what's going to happen. There's so much that could go wrong." She said, worried. "I don't want anyone else to die."

Hunter stared at Azara, worried as well. He knew that she was right. It could go either way. He took her hand, holding it in his.

"We can do this. As long as were together." He told her. Azura smiled and pulled Hunter closer to her, kissing him.

"Whatever happens, know that I love you." she told him. Hunter sighed melting in her touch, fearing that it may the last time.

"I love you, too." Hunter told her.