Chapter Eighteen

Five days have passed, and Azara's arm was fully healed with some help from the healing glyphs. There was a slight tingliness here and there every now and then. Apparently, Azara discovered that she was double jointed on her elbow as well. It pretty much disturbed and disgusted everyone, aside from Luz who thought it was cool. Her and Amity were sitting on the floor, going over some blueprints for the portal door.

"Doesn't it hurt?" Hunter asked. He cringed as Azara attempted to do it again. "Would you stop that?"

"No," Azara replied.

The front door opened and a woman with long black hair wearing a white t-shirt with a half dead battery and long black skirt and boots, walked in. She had one green eye and one silver eye, similar to Eda's. It was Eda's sister, Lilith. She stopped when she noticed Azara and John.

"You two must be the humans that Hootsifer told me about," Lilith said.

"Yep, I'm Azara and this is my brother, John," Azara replied as she introduced herself and her brother to her.

"Lilith," Eda greeted her. "What brings you here?"

"You'll never know what I've found out!" Lilith smiled. She was practically hopping up and down with excitement.

"Let me guess," Eda smirked. "A way to cure us?" Lilith's smile was wiped off from her face as she stared at Eda with a shocked look.

"Yes, how did you know?" she asked.

"Lilith, I was only joking-Wait, are you serious?" Eda asked her, surprised. Lilith nodded.

"I've been doing some digging around the Night Market and found out something interesting," she explained. "I've found the person who can help us. She's the one who gave me the scroll of the owl beast." She took Eda's hands, holding them. "Eda, don't you know what this means! We can finally be cured! You can finally be free from the owl beast!"

Eda stared at Lilith, still shock from the news, as did everyone else. She let go of Lilith's hands and stepped back, with an unsure look on her face.

"How do you know that this person is not a fraud?" she asked.

"They're not!" Lilith insisted. "They are the original creator of the magic scrolls. They are known as The Collector. If anyone can help us, it's them!" Amity had a troubled look on her face when Lilith mentioned the collector. Luz noticed.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked her. Amity's eyes widen and she shook her head, quickly.

"No!" she answered. "I'm just surprised." Luz frowned. She was lying...

Then Lilith noticed Eda look away. "Don't you want to be cured?" Eda snapped her head, looking back at her.

"No! Of course I do!" she told her. "It's still just a shock to me that's all."

"Then let's go to the night market and free you from your curse, Eda!" Luz smiled.

Later on that day, as night came, everyone arrived at the Night Market. Azara looked around, taking in the surroundings. There some shady people standing behind their stands. Criminal thieves and Scammers, selling illegal goods and items. One of the sellers noticed her looking at them. Their eyes looked her up and down before going lower, stopping at her necklace.

"That's a fine piece of jewelry you got there," They smirked. "I'll pay a heavy price for it, if you're willing to sale?"

Azara made a small squeak as Hunter pulled her away, suddenly, by her arm. "She isn't interested." He said, darkly, and walked away, pulling Azara behind him, catching up to the others.